Search results

1. S

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

In case anyone wants to do the formatting in parallel, this is how you do it in linux (I'm running it currently on ProxMox, with a NetApp DS4246 I just purchased from eBay): This command formats 24 disks concurrently. Format will be running in the background. If you want to get status, this is...
  2. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

@owenthewizard , which switch do you have? I saw the Arctic 6k on amazon, thought the 15k variant would be more suitable since the 6k is much lower CFM. My fans are listed 30CFM @ 65db.
  3. S

Bummer, my ICX 6610 runs @ ~6500 rpm, the 7150ZP runs @ ~9000 rpm in mode 1 :( I also tried to turn on fanless mode, but i get an error that it is not supported. Has anyone done a fan-mode with straight up wires? Any idea what pins are inside the plug? I'm thinking I can extract the pins and...
  4. S

Is there a way to set the fans to slower speed?
  5. S

Success! Much appreciate the help @kpfleming !
  6. S

duh, i'm retarded! I missed the 'update_primary'!!! Doing it now, thanks!
  7. S

Oh, this is what I see: I'll try the flashing again, thanks! Do I have to reboot the switch in order to get into the bootloader? or can i switch from console to boot via commandline? I get this warning when I try to reboot:
  8. S

Haha, well, I'm just following orders... The guide said to set image to ICX7xxx/SPR08090mc.bin which is what I did. Do i need to flash 'mufi' instead? it's twice the size. Thanks
  9. S

Also, fans are really loud with nothing connected to the switch, is there a way to lower the fan speeds?
  10. S

show version Copyright (c) Ruckus Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. UNIT 1: compiled on May 17 2021 at 06:38:01 labeled as SPS08095d (31457280 bytes) from Primary SPS08095d.bin (UFI) SW: Version 08.0.95dT211 Compressed Primary Boot Code size = 786944...
  11. S

Hi everyone, got myself an ICX-7150ZP, following Fohdeesha's guide, flashed the uboot and image, but now I'm stuck at setting up VE: Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks!
  12. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Incorrect, der8auer used an Elmor EVC device to control the motherboard's IC externally. This should work with any motherboard that provides those IC pins. In software, as far as I know, you can only O/C ES and QS chips (that have part # that ends in -04), and as far as I know it was only done...
  13. S

It is my understanding that OEM parts end with a -03, -04, -05 from what I've seen. The photo you are showing above doesn't have that postfix, so I assume it is a production/retail variant and should work in any motherboard. There could be a BIOS compatibility issue, does the seller recommand a...
  14. S

I have no idea what you're asking. Can you show a picture of what you're talking about?
  15. S

If you are in the UK, I found this guy on eBay located in the UK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/145372656801
  16. S

As you can tell from my questions, I'm a total noob// Best I can do at this point is setup basic networking an AP's. So when it comes to MTU, i need to create a virtual interface on each physical port? Right now I'm using an Ubiquity ERLite-3 as my router, in the near future I'm planning on...
  17. S

So I'm playing with GUI, I go to IP->Interface menu. I can make changes to port v1, but no other ports, e.g. Where does this v1 port come from and what does it mean? Do i need to create a v-port for each physical port in the switch? Completely confused...
  18. S

Ok, I'm there on page 46 (actually the commands are shown on page 48), I ran it exactly as shown, but i get in SSH the following error: Also, I've enabled jumbo frames and reloaded the switch. Is there a way to default MTU to 1500 on all ports and then set 9000 on specific ones? e.g. on the...
  19. S

Any idea why i can't set mtu on a port? trying this Commscope Technical Content Portal but when I run the commands, I get an error about 'ip mtu': Also, this is what Terry's videos show, the 'ip mtu' command, but it doesn't work on my 6610. Is there a proper user manual for the commandline...
  20. S

But I don't think any of these fixes apply to you since you have an ES chip. You could go back if you had an CH341a BIOS flasher, can be had cheap so worth a shot. Which chips do you have? ZS? 2S?