Search results

1. A

Baikal Giant-N cryptonight/cryptonight-lite ASIC.......

Bitmain announced today.. 220kH at 550W.... wow.... in a price of CPU that can do 2k :D
  2. A

To proxy or not to proxy

You can run static diff on proxy side... proxy is great, but have one big problem from my perspective you cannot use it when mining to nicehash, beside that, rather "must have" if you are mining "in scale" A
  3. A

Lets build a PXE Server for Our Mining Rigs

wow... i'm using cobbler to do exaclty that, so every spare cpu cycles for vm's and not used currently bare metal cobbler serves via tftp and dhcp kernel image and initrd, and than from that initrd image of bootable iso with miner software inside is deployed to vm/bare, so in fact everything is...
  4. A

And out comes the GTX 1080 Ti to be replaced by this.......

hmmm... my v56 is doing 1894H/s.... so i'm little surprised, that FE should be faster. regards A
  5. A

And out comes the GTX 1080 Ti to be replaced by this.......

still very poor performance compared to windows driver/tweaks... searched a lot on this and didn't found any proper solution to get high HRates under linux regards A
  6. A

Aeon mining thoughts.

Just made a lot of test on a lot of CPU's with a _lot_ of thread configurations to get into this observations If you are mining purley for profit aeon is 1,5-2 times more profitable than Monero right now (comparing to exactly the same CPU power) 100kH of monero speed will get you as today rate...
  7. A

Aeon mining thoughts.

If You have any non inclusive cache CPUS (some v4, and SP) spare Your real core threads for monero mining (2 to 4) and You will get 5-6 times more hrate in comprasion to xmr mining thats how you can still mine xmr, and on those spare cores also aeon, so instead of getting 3,5 times more hrate...
  8. A

xmrig Monero Dwarfpool Image Testing

in the basics transparent_hugepages != hugepages transparent hugepages had in the past massive negative impact on performance degradation.... to enable huge pages all You have to do in modern OS (linux) is just put sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=X into wahtsoever starting script or in...
  9. A

nice/renice, is quite handy to acomplish that. regards A
  10. A

drop me an info what You want to test ;) i've got also some interesting observations on dual mining with aeon on purley's regards A
  11. A

using 2x stak for each socket 2x E5-2699 V4 2100H/s using cores 0-21, 44,45,46 and 22-43,66,67,68 dual xmr-stack again here 1710H/s and i'm using two processes only because xmr-stak has limitation to 32 cores with nicehash... will try that trick soon also on Epyc.7551 regards A
  12. A

Monero Mining Performance

xmrig has problems above 64threads because lack of thread pinning to specified cores, a lot of context switching is _VERY_ bad in such NUMA configuration (as epyc architecture is basically 4 numa nodes in P... and 8 in DP)
  13. A

Luke's Miner does not work on 71xx series, as this is clearly stated on his website "IMPORTANT: The Phi version of this miner is designed for - and compiled for - the 72xx "Knights Landing" series. It will not work on older, 31xx, 51xx, or 71xx "Knights Corner" series co-processors. I may or...
  14. A

It does not drop 3636.6 right now and i'm using stak, witch in every CPU model that i tested gives 7-18% more Hrate than wolf's cpu miner. (whenever both compiled with gcc5, 6, 7, or intel's GCC) 2x Intel Xeon Gold 6138 = 1857.6H/s (38 threads) witch shows that non-inclusive cache gives huge...
  15. A

2x AMD EPYC 7551 = 3646 H/s