Search results

1. A

Mellanox MHGH28/29 and ESX

OK, tried SRP between two Debian boxes. Didn't get it working because apparently the mlx4 driver from the debian package doesn't do some magic with libibverbs. This means rdma_bench_lat and bw won't work. And the srp_daemon won't properly work. Strangely it has no problems using scst and ESXi as...
  2. A

OK, Thank you. I'm going back to testing mode as well. I'll try to generate some Debian-to-Debian numbers (both have ZoL). FYI: I tried IPoIB before and got stuck around the same 200MB/sec I vaguely remember with debian-to-windows iscsi using a ramdisk. Been a while :/
  3. A

Mellanox replied with: we give zero shits about you (paraphrased with my intonation). Basically it isn't supported and won't ever be. I'm considering buying an IB switch. The MTEK43132 one, because it's cheap. Would that work well? RimBlock/ChuckleB: about post of yours, is there a performance...
  4. A

Anyone with 4 x Samsung 840 PRO's on RAID5 with LSI Card?

There's no difference, just two consequential runs. See it as a very basic mechanism to detect outlier data points.
  5. A

Look what's gone open source!

bcache is similar project in linux.
  6. A

Anyone with 4 x Samsung 840 PRO's on RAID5 with LSI Card?

I have benchmarks using 4 Crucial M4 128GB drives and a LSI9266-8i. Maybe interesting for comparitive data. Lots of data: Zippyshare.com - run1-lsi9266-8i.zip You do know using those silverstone 1sata to 4x sata power cable thingies you are putting quite a strain on your PSU. There's a...
  7. A

WiFi: Ubiquity Networks UniFi

I run an Ubiquiti Bullet 2HP something, it's 2.4GHz. I love ubiquiti products, they are simple yet powerful and often support custom-brew firmwares. There's a DD-WRT for this I know. Planning to buy 71-E mpci-e wifi card to build into a old notebook in combination with vyatta. Also checkout...
  8. A

I'm using srp, a little bit of documentation for you guys: root@troy:~# uname -a Linux troy 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux root@troy:~# cat /etc/scst.conf # Automatically generated by SCST Configurator v3.0.0-pre2. HANDLER vdisk_blockio { DEVICE VMMLC {...
  9. A

I experience exactly the same thing, 2.8.600, 2.9 it does not matter. I'm in the process of contacting Mellanox, I don't expect much but who knows. Also, I can't get any performance out this thing, ramdisk or ssd volume, it's stuck at 200MB/sec for some reason. I'm starting to think...