Search results

1. M

Supermicro X9SCM-F Bios Password reset?

It may be worth trying the proceedure in Appendix C of the manual "To Recover the Main BIOS Block Using a USB-Attached Device". No guarantee of success or bricking it though.
  2. M

SAS drives with high ECC corrected errors

This may be relevant... Seagate SER, RRER & HEC
  3. M

X9DR7-TF+ issues

You should be able to change DHCP to static IP addressing on the IPMI by logging into the box using the IPMI address with default username / passsword of ADMIN / ADMIN. You can then go to Configuration / Network and set DHCP or static settings there. HTH Mike
  4. M

X9DR7-TF+ issues

[ I seem to recall that some E5-2609's require the latest BIOS to be able to boot succcessfully. The way forward is to install an earlier version of a E5 chip which will allow the box to boot and then you can update the the BIOS and replace the original CPU. See Supermicro | Products |...
  5. M

Long shot - Issues with Asrock Rack C226ws

Try reseating the CPU and / or buying a cheap LGA1150 Pentium from eBay to prove the point? I'm fast running out of ideas :-)
  6. M

Can you do staggered spin up on the drives? Or possibly disconnect the drives at the PSU as that PSU looks like a modular one.
  7. M

Next thing I'd try is PSU.
  8. M

Frustrating Java + Supermicro IPMI

Oops sorry about that. Thanks for sorting it
  9. M

Frustrating Java + Supermicro IPMI

You need to add: https://123.123.96.63:443 to the exceptions site list on the Java Security tab and make sure that Enable Java content in the browser is checked along high security level. IPMIView should then work or you can use the web interface onto the IPMI on the box with: http://123.123.96.63/
  10. M

Supermicro X8dtt-f-sg007

Older BIOS may not support 56**, but will support L5520 and you can then update BIOS to latest version and then use 56**
  11. M

Supermicro 4u 24 bay chassis with SAS2 expander

MCP-220-00043-0N are the ones you need I think. Google it to see pictures!
  12. M

Advice on NAS for backups, $2k budget

Didn't know that. We learn something new every day!
  13. M

If you are buying a retail boxed CPU, I'd use that. If it's not satisfactory you could buy a passive Supermicro one later!
  14. M

With regards to the heatsink, you should be OK with the Intel retail boxed one if you are buying a retail boxed CPU. I've got the SAS1 version of this case with an X9SCL-f motherbord and the Intel heatsink fits inside the air shroud OK. I've just copied the Supermicro pictures of both...
  15. M

I'm not sure your option one will work as @lmk stated. I'd go with option two, the CSE-826A-R800LPB and three reverse breakout cables.
  16. M

Hartford Stage Audio & Projections Department Large File Server

Yes, but only if you are using SAS drives which use use dual path. If you are using SATA drives which are single path , they can't make use of the second path and thus only need one cable.
  17. M

Can I mix and match memory in X8DTU-F ?

I've done some research and compared the fans in your machine with a server that I've got which is this Supermicro | Products | Chassis | 1U | SC813MTQ-350CB and the fan noise levels on the Supermicro system fan matrix Supermicro | Support | System Fan Matrix are within 3dB of each other. My...
  18. M

Server Component Config Questions (Supermicro)

I haven't seen atom i3 mentioned in this thread, the motherboard Toniok specified is an X10SRH-CLN4F which supports E5 processors!
  19. M

hang/stuck at "initializing ACPI" supermicro X8STI-F

how about trying this ESXi 4.0 - vmkernel boot options
  20. M

Server Component Config Questions (Supermicro)

This one would be suitable then, I think Supermicro | Products | Chassis | 3U | SC836BA-R920B The backplane has 4 I-Pass connectors to connect to the drives (see Appendix E in the manual) Here's a 1200w PSU version on eBay BRAND NEW SUPERMICRO 3U CASE CSE-836A-R1200B | eBay I don't think the...