1. Entz

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Nice to see mATX models at least!
  2. Entz

FS: merged into new thread.

Not yet sadly. Maybe in RouterOS v7
  3. Entz

Slow power on of VMs...

Are you doing any replication or is the VM pointing to a host CDdrive that may have a non-bootable disk etc.
  4. Entz

ConnectX-2 EN - dual port cards

Yeah that is how mine was as well. 2 cards back to back in a single static bag in a small USPS box. Bounced and rubbed to hell hence my damage. 2 bags or a bit of foam between would of fixed it. Still haven't heard back from the seller . Sigh.
  5. Entz

Questions About Moving to 10gbe

There should be no issues connecting a chelsio card to the Mellanox ones. Not sure about the transceivers/cables though.
  6. Entz

Got mine today. and they were both Connect-3 EN cards. Awesome! Bad news is both were damaged in transit. :( Both cards lost a capacitor and both had another nearly knocked off (same spot). Cards were not packaged well. If you got multiple cards and they were both in the same bag rubbing each...
  7. Entz

E3 v4 (Broadwell) - No 1230?

Looking again, These are all ones ending in 5's (include integrated graphics). That part got a huge boost with broadwell. Perhaps they are only refreshing the ones with integrated graphics and will not be releasing the others. CPU portion changed little and Skylake isn't that far off so perhaps...
  8. Entz

E3 v4 (Broadwell) - No 1230?

Odd. I always found the 1230 to be the most common processor . Great combination of speed, HT and price.
  9. Entz

As a single user is infiniband worth the money?

No. DDR is already 20Gbps (RDMA) / 16Gbps IPoIB (max but usually lower). You may be able to bond at a higher level but anything ethernet related needs eIPoIB which is not widely supported. This is also what makes bridging a PITA. Generally you will just use a single link (or 2 for redundancy)...
  10. Entz

As a single user is infiniband worth the money?

If you are looking at needing > 4 ports it is hard to beat infiniband. Switches (DDR) are quite a bit cheaper. RDMA is amazing, IPoIB is a pig IME in both CPU usage and overhead. CX4 to QSFP cables can also be extremely expensive. I started with IB and moved to pure ethernet but have fewer...
  11. Entz

VMWare EVALExperience and vSphere 6.0

That would be awesome :D
  12. Entz

Connect-X2 IPoIB?

I know this is not an answer, but this is something I would love to know how to do as well. I have never been able to find a way to set the port mode in ESXi . Must be a module flag you can set via the command line. Assuming they are just not left as autodetect. As far as what mode it the port...
  13. Entz

nice :D
  14. Entz

Memory for E3 series

Indeed, check with the motherboard manufactures. Some boards (i.e. Supermicro) have issues if you do not use ECC UDIMMS.
  15. Entz

Welcoming William to STH

Welcome William !
  16. Entz

ConnectX-3 EN is far better card (that one is basically a connector neutered 40GbE adapter). Fantastic score on your part. Don't have mine yet (international) but maybe I will get lucky too ;)
  17. Entz

Intel 730 480GB SSD - Newegg Memorial Day Weekend, $199.99

Good price on a fantastic drive! Currently 369 in Canada, might have to just eat the shipping (forwarder) and get a few more.
  18. Entz

What do you think about NexentaStor?

UNMAP support is disabled in LIO by default as well. But good to know about ESXi. Something to schedule from time to time :cool:
  19. Entz

What do you think about NexentaStor?

FWIW LIO supports VAAI (Delete is disabled by default) over iSCSI. At least in Ubuntu 14.04.1+ . Good support for IB as well.
  20. Entz

ZeusIops ssd's on teh cheap

Too bad, at that price I would picked up a couple to play with.