Search results

1. hmartin

QSFP28 100G DAC cables QTY 5/$50

I am not sure they're the same seller. They do have the same logo, and background for their photos, but the seller in the other thread claims to be in Georgia, and this one is in Florida. Although these are $50/5, so double the price of the other seller's offer.
  2. hmartin

QSFP28 100G DAC cables QTY 5/$50

There's a US based seller with QSFP28 100G DAC cables (PDF datasheet) selling a lot of 5 for $50 (best offer available) with free shipping: From what I can tell from the datasheet, they're 1m cables, but the Molex part number (1002973003) also seems to refer to 3m cables? $10/each seems like a...
  3. hmartin

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

At this expense and bother, just buy an HBA.
  4. hmartin

EUR 40 Super Micro 4-Port 10GBE SFP+ NIC

They are located in the same business park as Scaleway/Online.net DC5. Draw your own conclusions ;)
  5. hmartin

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Just so you're aware, the PCIe riser doesn't come with a power cable, and uses Micro-Fit 3.0 for power. PM me your details and I can mail you a power cable for it. Some sellers also send the wrong SlimSAS cable. The cable I received had a different head style with a plastic hood that I had to...
  6. hmartin

PCIe x8 versus x4, but for the GPU you plan to install and your use case it won't make any practical difference.
  7. hmartin

M.2 to PCIe x4 is by far the cheapest, you can get the adapters for under $5 Be advised that the PCIe on the board is not oculink, but SlimSAS 4i and 8i. For the 4i you can expect to pay around $25-30 for cable and breakout board. 8i closer to $40. They have been linked to earlier in the thread.
  8. hmartin

You should also be able to dump from the BMC, since it has mux access to the BIOS flash. However, I haven't been able to get it working yet. Note that you need root access on the BMC (but this is easy given the stock firmware has hard-coded credentials). To dump BIOS, first run...
  9. hmartin

They run at 2666MHz when two are present, with more than two modules the speed drops to 2133MHz. My BMC also reports only one DIMM installed until you boot and it completes POST, then they are all displayed in the BMC inventory. Same as janek202 said. Yes, the BMC should be working even if...
  10. hmartin

As far as I know from Fujitsu systems using a similar BMC, video output is initialised by the BMC before the x86 completes POST, so if you see video but it's not the Gigabyte logo, it's possible that you're only seeing video output from the BMC and the x86 is still failing to POST. I'm using 4x...
  11. hmartin

You can do SFF-8654 8i to PCIe x8 without breaking the bank (although with shipping it comes to around 40€ which is half the cost of the board): Breakout PCB, cable. Not endorsing these particular sellers, just thought they were a good price. I've ordered but haven't received my items yet...
  12. hmartin

I think the power socket is from the TE ELCON Micro Power series, specifically 1-2204801-8 (female) and 2204748-2 (male).
  13. hmartin

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Celeron/Pentium/Xeon E3 platforms do not support Reg ECC memory. You can only install unbuffered RAM, which maxes out at 8GB/DIMM for this platform. I'll jump in here to say that I have a GitHub repo that allows you to install Alpine using a serial console. There's also a branch with...
  14. hmartin

Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware

The MS120 is a completely different platform and is not supported.
  15. hmartin

Meraki MS210/MS225 custom firmware testers wanted

You may remember me from such threads as Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware. Well, I'm back, and I am looking for people willing to test an alpha quality custom firmware for the Meraki MS210/MS225 series switches and ideally provide feedback/fixes to get it to a more usable state. Standard...
  16. hmartin

Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware

What kind of news are you expecting? It works, it's mostly stable. Feature-wise, it sucks, but what can you do? No, not really. Poke around /click and take a look at /etc/init.d/S10clickconfig to get a better idea of how configuration works. If you figure out how to configure it for your use...
  17. hmartin

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

Could someone please confirm the exact part number of the 2.5" caddies you're using in the TX1320 M3? I don't want to buy QTY 10 just to realize I've bought the wrong ones. The above link is for A3C40101974 but other eBay listings suggest A3C40179841 is the corresponding HDD caddy for the...
  18. hmartin

Yes, seemingly every spec sheet will tell you that 4*16GB is supported, but I wanted to know if 32GB DIMMs would be supported up to 64GB. Someone on Reddit claimed a 32GB DIMM worked in their Skylake Thinkpad, so I thought maybe it could work. But it would seem that 32GB DIMMs are not...
  19. hmartin

Is anyone successfully using 32GB DIMMs? Mine is able to POST with one or two 32GB DIMMs installed, but an NMI is generated as soon as memtest tries to access beyond 16GB (even with only one 32GB DIMM installed).
  20. hmartin

The Fujitsu pinout is well known and building an adapter from ATX is quite easy. You just need to change some pins and use a 5V->11V DC-DC step up. Pinout was mentioned on my blog. The iRMC S4 license has been reverse engineered. The cost is only your time as long as you know how to use...