Search results

1. T

Solaris 11.3 + 16.11/17.01 web GUI issues

Never mind- it was chrome.
  2. T

Storage, networking, NAS, IB, ect.

It's early, early spring cleaning. I'm going through all my projects I ended in 2016 and clearing the bench. If you need more pictures, have questions, ect- please just let me know. I will be adding more tonight. HDD's: 1) (5) Western Digital RE 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Enterprise SATA Hard drives. All...
  3. T

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS poor SMB performance to ZFS storage

I'm working with one of our engineers trying to troubleshoot poor SMB performance speeds from a node running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS connecting to one of our Solaris 11.3 ZFS storage arrays. Our CentOS 6.7 nodes are 2-3x faster on average (identical hardware) and I'm hoping we are missing something...
  4. T

FS: Lab partout, DDR3- SSD's, NIC's, ect

Upgrading my home lab and all this has to go. Updated 7/1/15 Chassis: (2) Supermicro 1U (8) 2.5" with power supply (no rails) $150 each Processors: (2) x5670 bare cpu's $200/pair (2) E5640 bare cpu's $40/pair Ram: (2) Crucial DDR3 8GB (2x4G) SODIMM $50- NIB SSD: (10) Crucial M4 256GB $70...
  5. T

FS: Server components (Proc/Ram/Network Adapters/SAS controllers)

Sorry folks, I'm swamped. Pulling this ad until I have time to dedicate to selling/shipping this stuff.
  6. T

Performance tuning three monster ZFS systems

Just a few weeks back I was asked to put together a large amount of storage for a last minute project. I usually avoid projects like this, but it's a special case and thus far it has gone as planned (knock on wood). Since I am waiting on a few external delays that are outside my control, I...
  7. T

FS: SSD's

Now that the chassis/hardware is gone, there's no reason to keep these drives around. If you have any questions, send me a PM! Crucial M4 SOLD (5) Intel 160gb X-25M SATAII SSDSA2M160G2GC- (20hours use average) $70 each. EDIT* I still have the following hardware I forgot about: LSI 9200-8e...
  8. T

FS: SM Cloud node partout (CPU/RAM/SSD/HBA/Networking)

Closed and new thread started, thanks!
  9. T

FS: Ram/SSD/Xeon

Closing this thread and starting a new one. Sorry for the delay.
  10. T

24 SSD's + Supermicro X9/96GB/10GBE- am I crazy?

At my current job, we are no stranger to ZFS, OI/Nexenta, and Napp-It- we have several Petabytes of ZFS based storage for archival and processing systems. As I get ready to start replacing our aging VM servers, I realized their localized storage would be an incredible pain to deal with as we...