Search results

1. A

SR-IOV and NIC Passthrough

I have SR-IOV up and running on my i350 in Proxmox 7.3. I can see the physical ports and 4 VFs per port, and am able to assign them to guests. The weird (to me?) thing that is happening is if I pass through just one VF to a guest, say a windows VM, I get 5 NICs showing up in Windows: the...
  2. A

Mapping EDAC errors to DIMM Slots

I have an X11SCH-F motherboard that is showing some ECC errors in the edac utility. Is there a straight forward way to map the below values to physical DIMM slots on the board so I know which module to attempt to replace? This is a 4 slot board running a Xeon E-2288G. # edac-util -v mc0: 0...
  3. A

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Ask me how I know :). Backups are nice though, haha.
  4. A

Just to answer my own previous question, hugo will flash the drives even if they are part of an array in RAID mode on the 9266 in my case. They will drop off the array while they're being updated, so best not to have the filesystem mounted.
  5. A

Is there a way to flash the firmware on these drives when they are behind a raid controller (LSI 9266 in my case), or do I need to put them on an HBA to flash them and put them back on the raid controller?
  6. A

[FS] X9SRE-F/E5-2630 V2/64GB RAM

Hey, what are you looking to get? I might be willing to split it up. The memory is all 8GB sticks. I actually have 12 total 8GB sticks. A matching set of 8 and a matching set of 4. All DDR3 Registered ECC.
  7. A

[FS] X9SRE-F/E5-2630 V2/64GB RAM

Looking to sell the combo in the subject. It also comes with a passive 2U heatsink. I am looking for $150 + shipping or local pickup in the San Francisco Bay Area.
  8. A

FS: Network Gear

Dell 5524P Layer 3 POE Switch - 24 port + 2 SFP+ 10g ports + 2 HDMI Stacking ports - $100 Ubiquiti Edgerouter 6P w/1u Bracket and 24/48 POE - $100 Shoot me a PM if interested
  9. A

WTS: Networking gear.

Bumpidy bump.
  10. A

WTB: Ubiquiti network stack

I have an AC-Pro for sale. I also have an edgerouter 6p and an edgeswtich 24 lite, but those are from the edge stack, so probably not what you are looking for. Shoot me a PM.
  11. A

Updated first post with new listings!
  12. A

10Gig to Wifi slower than 1Gig to Wifi

Single socket E5-2680V2, NIC in an x8 PCI-E V3 slot. The thing that is weird about this is that upload to the server from the wifi client is full speed. The reverse direction, 10gig to wifi is half as fast, and shows more retransmits in iPerf. I have a feeling it is an overly aggressive flow...
  13. A

This is probably on the right track. I am seeing this most pronounced on server->wireless client transfers (~300mbps). Going the other direction, wireless->server there is no degradation (~600mbps). Also, 10g<->10g transfers are fine at 9.5gbps, and even 10g<->1g wired transfers are pegged at a...
  14. A

MTU 1500 throughout.
  15. A

Same layer 2 network. No jumbo packets for this test, so 1500 throughout. Will double check MTU though to make sure. Thanks for the feedback all.
  16. A

I have a few Ubiquiti APs. When transferring from servers with 10gig NICs the speeds are slower than when transferring form computers with 1gig NICs (to clients). —————————lots of details below———————— What I am seeing is that if I run a server with a 10gig nic, my wireless tranfsers are...
  17. A

I am actually interested, but need to offload this stuff first. Will let you know.