Search results

1. O

Giving away mcafee sub i got with intel compute stick from 2015

MS supposedly plans to offer it as a free upgrade to Windows 10 users. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_11#Release On my MSDN subscription, the same keys are showing up for Windows 10 and 11. They might be doing this to divide their support base with Windows 10 getting fewer feature...
  2. O

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

Could this be an SOC problem, like the low pin count bus clock outputs dying on Atoms?
  3. O

WD Easyshuck 10tb $160

$13+/tb is the lowest I can remember.
  4. O

Nvidia Tesla M40 - 115$ with free shipping

How much faster is a 2060 than an M40? Are there any cases where the M40 having 2-4 times the ram would be a better choice?
  5. O

Slickdeals $3 ebay Coupon

Ditto.
  6. O

[SOLD] Dell 1.6TB SATA SSD (Samsung SM865) 2.5" -- $100/ea

I believe these are just overprovisioned versions of the 1.92TB SM863, but that's just a guess. I remember Dell doing something similar with 1.92TB Toshiba drives that actually had Toshiba's P/N for the 1.92TB version on the 1.6TB Dell version.
  7. O

eBay - extra 15% off $50+ today

Here's a Cloudspeed Eco Gen. 2 for $319. The 15% coupon plus getting giftcards through a grocery store using my Amex (6% CB) put the price at $255, so $132+/TB. SanDisk SDLF1CRR-019T-1HA1 CloudSpeed Eco Gen.II 1.92TB 2.5" SATA SSD Drive 619659137953 | eBay
  8. O

1.92TB Toshiba SATA SSD 1DWPD Under 400

If you keep an eye out, sometimes you can find the HK4E, which I believe is an over-provisioned 1.6TB version of this drive, for $300-$350. I picked up one for my wife because her 480GB SanDisk Ultra II had trouble handling all the custom content in her sims games.
  9. O

Tomorrow, March 20th, eBay is doing 15% off everything from 9am - 7pm Pacific Time.

My guess is they're trying to push end of quarter volume. IME, most of the really good deals from companies tend to be near the end of a financial quarter, especially near the end of the first quarter because sales tend to drop after the holidays.
  10. O

Intel Optane A Practical Application Review

Awesome review @Patrick ! Do you have any plans to test/benchmark it when used as software defined memory? https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/technology-briefs/apache-spark-optimization-technology-brief.pdf