Search results

1. I

cheap / used server board with most PCIE lanes

Needs a bit of advice from some of the server motherboard gurus. I'm doing some crypto mining and most cheap motherboards only support 6 GPU's. This is usually related to the number of pcie lanes that the board has, most of the time it's 8 pcie lanes. My research shows that the intel C242...
  2. I

move linux zfs pool to truenas

Hi, Not sure what the issue is, but I have a fully functional raidz1 ( yes i know) under ubuntu. Works fine, I can export and import it no problem. When I try to move it to a new trueNAS install I'm told that it is corrupt ( but it's not because when I move the disks back to ubuntu it's...
  3. I

Need some opinions

I'm caught in analysis paralysis. I have a couple of cisco C220M4's, 2 Dell R510's LFF a dell R710 and, well that's about it. I'm doing this whole chia mining thing, mainly for fun. One of the R510's is my 'house production' server so I don't touch it along with the r710. I can't decide...
  4. I

How to do patch panel with DAC Cables?

OK, so I have my server rack all wired nicely with dac cables, then I have on the other side of the room my house network patch panel with some other switches. I want to link the two switches ( and yes the house network switch has some 10Gb links on it). How do I do a DAC cable keystone to the...
  5. I

Help picking out a MotherBoard INTEL XEON E5-2690

Hi, I have a Lenovo D30 workstation, who's bios is a complete POS. It gets corrupted if you look at it wrong. I want to replace the motherboard with an ATX motherboard that has a socket dual socket LGA2011, for reference I have dual INTEL XEON E5-2690 ( the v1 sort) and a million sticks of...
  6. I

HP DL380G6

Hi, I've asked in reddit and haven't received an answer, but If I DO NOT want the fans to go absolutely wild on my DL380G6 and I want to put a 10G network adapter in... an adapter that came WAY after my DL380G6 was manufactured... such as an HP 560SFP+ which is meant for a 9th gen version...
  7. I

Help with H200 ITmode R510 disk performance.

Hi, I have a R510 with an H200 flashed to ITmode and I can't seem to get better than 230MB/s transfer speed out of it. I've tried moving the H200 out of the storage slot ( that had no effect.) It's running ubuntu 19.10 with 64 GB of ram. Here are the numbers ZFS raidz2 6 4TB driveds to ram...
  8. I

[FS][US-GA] Brocade ICX6610-48P

Brocade ICX 6610-48P I bought this switch on ebay for for $150 back at the end of January. It's too loud for me in my workshop. I've updated it to the latest firmware and did the whole license upgrade which I will blank out before shipping, but instructions on how to get unlimited ports on...