Search results

1. neggles

Mellanox SN2100 firmware

It's down for maintenance right now, but you can create a free account on that same portal using any non-Gmail/Outlook/Yahoo/etc (free) email domain and download firmware updates just the same.
  2. neggles

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Pics of the SoM (see attached for full size): I can't remember which specific subtype it is, but I did work out who the ODM for the SoM was at one point. There aren't very many suppliers of MPC85xx SoMs... As for actually making use of another SoM, that might be... difficult. They're using a...
  3. neggles

nVidia could not give a shit at this point, that secret only does something of any use on switches that are well past end of support. Technically Spectrum switches running Onyx also use the same secret, but the only license key you can generate with it is the one which unlocks _shell, and their...
  4. neggles

Just saw this post. I see someone (or myself) will have to put all the knowledge of how to do this back in one place again, since things which have been covered multiple times earlier in the thread keep cropping up and causing people trouble. # manual mfg boot over tftp from u-boot shell run...
  5. neggles

You can and should be running `manufacture.sh` with a few more switches, and you can do it straight with 3.6.8012; manufacture.sh -v -v -t -a -m ppc -u ftp://ftp-user:ftp@host/image-PPC_M460EX-3.6.8012.img (or with a HTTP URL if that's what you're using) - this makes it print out progress and...
  6. neggles

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

If you mean applying a BIOS update through the normal update methods, you definitely cannot do that after flashing a CoffeeTime-modified BIOS - well, you can, but it'll break the thing entirely. I don't believe updating the ME the way I did was necessary, but it is a good idea to swap out the...
  7. neggles

Missed this - pull the BIOS battery out before you dump it, use `flashrom -p ch341a_spi` on a Linux box rather than the garbage software they come with, and check if you need to do the "make it actually be 3.3v" mod... The "SQ" is immaterial here, it just refers to a specific subtype/package of...
  8. neggles

Upload your dump somewhere and I'll be happy to do the necessary bits and pieces to make it behave, though I didn't really do much outside of clicking all the buttons in coffeetime (and loading all the middle and left side microcode) other than to use a custom ME image, which i later found out...
  9. neggles

Hey! Sorry for the slow reply, I wrote one up halfway then neglected to actually finish/post it. The M910q BIOS appears to limit this chip to a PL1 of 40W and a PL2 of 60W, and with those settings it caps out at about 68-70C under a 10-minute looped Cinebench R23 multi-core load. It maintains...
  10. neggles

I did almost exactly this today, but with an E-2286M rather than the E-2276M. Worked great - take M910Q, dump BIOS with SPI flash clip, feed into Coffee Time, push all the buttons, upgrade the UEFI GOP, add various microcode, end up with something like this: Those microcodes will boot any...
  11. neggles

Dell R630 rNDC in a Dell R620

I've run these in 12G and 13G with no trouble - what you have to do is switch bootmode to UEFI-only, disable network booting / the UEFI network stack, and disable option ROM load for those slots. otherwise you can just wait out the slow boot :P
  12. neggles

Mellanox SN2100 firmware

here you go: 760.81 MB file on MEGA - 3.9.3220 is the newest available, came out on Feb 9th. for the record, if you have a valid switch serial number you can create a MyMellanox account, add the SN under "My Products", and they'll let you download updates even if you don't have a support...
  13. neggles

I do recall I had to do something to make it not throw a hissyfit - I used a different set of switches to what you use in the guide: Guide calls /sbin/manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -B -u <url> which means these options: -a (auto): do not prompt for configuration and layout choices; take defaults...
  14. neggles

I have two EMC SX6012 which I ran through the entire old conversion process on (several times trying to get it right - my file package and slightly revised guide is linked somewhere in this thread, I forget where) but never got around to actually using. I ran both of them through essentially...
  15. neggles

8012 refers to firmware 3.6.8012 - guide/files are here or here
  16. neggles

Mine originally came up in VPI mode with the profile set to 3; I found I could switch profiles just fine with the system profile [ib|eth|vpi] config command (I'm running ethernet only) Can you run show system capabilities and paste the output / see what it says?
  17. neggles

Wait it out. It took a solid 45 minutes on my system, it's something to do with how the partitions are formatted/accessed in recovery vs the normal runtime environment, I think; the first access to any given file takes forever because of some hidden JFFS2 stuff going on in the background...
  18. neggles

Not quite! Deleting the symlink might not have been the best move, we recommend renaming it so you can move it back later if needed, but it’s not a big deal. You need to find the file the symlink used to point to - /var/opt/tms/output/passwd, if I recall correctly - and copy it to where the...
  19. neggles

It appears the site is offline now :( I've mirrored it on IPFS with a couple tweaks to the folder structure & some additions to the instructions file to make it a little more clear; resource ID is QmR8woLoGLPa8kCWDnEeTMNyRK6p6ovY322sGXgd6pWBAe, and you can get to it via the CloudFlare IPFS...
  20. neggles

I can't remember the specific command, but fae cable-stamping-unlock ? at the configuration prompt should give you a list of two options. One is 40g_lr4, the name of the other one implied that it would unlock 56G over unsupported cables.