Search results

1. C

1u tray?

The rigidity would be poor with a chassis is why. I would need to remove the front entirely and the top. I think I have found a good plan. Best I will find anyway. The rails currently have 1.5 inch to the top and 1.5 to the bottom. So I am going to remount the rails, so there is 1 inch to top...
  2. C

Flat Pacth cables?

A short high quality pacth cable can run up to 10, if you are buying 1 or 2, if you are buying 100s and paying 10 each, well businesses have money to blow lol. However you likely won't have a job very long. You can buy 1 Belden cable, 3ft, cat 6a, for 7 dollars, you buy 1000 that price becomes...
  3. C

Flat Pacth cables?

3ft is way too long lol, I need 3-4 inch cables. Then I need about 40 of them, so ya 6 dollars, isnt going to happen lol. 6 dollars for a patch cable is not a fair price lol, 60 cents is. Pacth cables for cat 6 can literally be had for under 1 dollar. Ends are like what 20cents each? And I have...
  4. C

1u tray?

The issue with the aluminum is the ducted area. So I have 1.5 inches before the first U, the fans being 25mm, and raised by the panel they mount on another 1/8 of an inch, that would leave 3/8s gap between the fans and the metal, which just doesn't seem like enough for the serious amount of...
  5. C

1u tray?

No mb lol, no anything in it. I need a shelf, not a case. To duct air.
  6. C

1u tray?

Hey guys I was hoping someone could be of assistance in locating a 1u tray. Idk if that is the proper term for what I need, but it's the best I could think of. What I basically need is a 1u shelf, with sides that go the full height of 1u and a closed back that also does such. The front needs...
  7. C

Flat Pacth cables?

Didn't get an email with this, so sorry for late reply. I would rather not have them set back like that. Anyways, the flat cat7 will work and I will have enough space do to the need to set back the rails anyway for other reasons. I have to move the rails recessed 1 inch, for some other...
  8. C

Flat Pacth cables?

Alright I broke the quote lol. Its not really home use, its home/ and small business. I didn't think anyone used cat 7 for enterprise, as it isn't standardized? Anyway my issue is not really the thickness as much as more bend radius than can be achieved by any round cable. However your cat 7...
  9. C

Flat Pacth cables?

Hey I was wondering what is everyone's thoughts experiences with Flat Pacth cables? I am build a rack setup, and I don't have alot of U, nor do I have alot of door to swicth clearance (like 2 inches). So what I want to do is have 2 pacth panels, one on top and one below the swicth. Then use...
  10. C

STEC Mach16 Help

Hmm I will have to check those out. Have you compared them to the Noctuas, they are pretty much the same RPM (5k to 5200) The Noctuas are PWM which is a plus, and those are only 8 from China they are the same price as Noctuas on Amazon. That said I am intrigued, however for the SSD fan, I...
  11. C

STEC Mach16 Help

No way to ziptie a fan :(. But I am making a bracket to install a fan right now :). Defiantly not using those sunons lol, they are like jet engines my rack is small and in my office beside me, but a Noctua a4, will be blowing on to the 1 inch tall sinks I mustered up from old boards :) that...
  12. C

STEC Mach16 Help

Well ya, that is what I assumed was just checking because, you never know lol. I have experienced this with my quest for HDM for the drives... Hmm, they consume less than my Intel 730s, and get much much hotter but ya I have found it's the controller getting hot from experimentation, I...
  13. C

STEC Mach16 Help

Hey guys, so I just got 2 STEC Mach16s for my firewall and have a issue, I wanted to update the firmware and such however I cannot register the device and apparently I need to do so to get the HDM. I tried every number on the tag and none work, any ideas? Also to owners are you guys actively...