Search results

1. Z

Proxmox Ceph RBD snapshot hangs when ceph-fuse mount present in LXC

I have been trying to get a backup solution configured for my system. The system is using a hyperconverged ceph cluster with unprivileged LXC containers, the container image is contained on an RBD ceph pool. Inside some containers a ceph-fs is mounted via ceph-fuse. If I take a snapshot of a...
  2. Z

Proxmox + zfs + encryption guide (work in progress)

I have been playing around with encryption for a system for a while, 4th post contains my notes on what I have so far. If anyone has more experience with crypttab and knows how to allow booting with a missing device, input would be appreciated. Has anybody accomplished zfs on luks whole...
  3. Z

Radeon Instinct MI6 bios request

If anybody here has access to one of the 8GB Radeon Instinct MI6 cards would it be possible to get a bios dump from it? I am looking to see if it is possible to mod one of my old mining cards (8GB RX480) into the MI6 to be used for virtualization on my home server. If anybody can get the bios...
  4. Z

C602 Motherboard suggestions

Does anybody have any suggestions for a cheapish C602 motherboard? I am currently using the asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 which works very well and am looking to set up a second system for failover/redundancy for which my current quad core second node just can't take the load even for short periods of...
  5. Z

Anybody seen this container/ceph-fuse bug?

I am trying to mount a ceph-fuse client in a ubuntu 16.04 lxc container within Proxmox v5.1-46. I have gotten far enough that it begins to complain about kernel dentries before failing. -9> 2018-04-08 23:23:36.597140 7ff01595f700 1 client.2979582 using remount_cb -8> 2018-04-08...
  6. Z

NVME SSD Recommendations (home use)

I am looking for some fairly quick NVME HHHL SSDs in the 1 to 2 TB capacity range. I found a few Intel drives that I wasn't opposed to, however my understanding is when an Intel SSD hits it's rated lifetime writes it bricks itself on reboot. The applications I am running tend to end up being...
  7. Z

675GB/day endurance drive recommendations

I am running an application that generates about 1TB/day of writes, the app lives on a replicated ceph cluster with size 2 and 3 hosting SSDs. Right now my 850 EVOs that it is running on are not taking it too well. Does anybody have a recommendation for a SSD which will take 675GB/day in...
  8. Z

Ethereum Blockchain storage

For those of you running geth out there for your wallets, what are you using for the back end storage for the blockchain? I was originally using 3 7200RPM 1TB HDDs in a replicated ceph pool but the three drives would only provide ~130 IOPS total under geth, this meant that my client was always...
  9. Z

FS/FT: 120mm 12/24V Fans, DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDDs and 3TB HDDs

All prices OBO HDDs (all used, smart data on request): 11x 1TB Seagate ST1000NM001 HDDs ($20 each) 1x 3TB Western Digitial WD30EZRX ($50) - SOLD 1x 3TB Seagate ST33000651AS ($20) - Note a couple of bad sectors on this drive. No more have been appearing but there are a few. 1x 3TB Seagate...
  10. Z

~250GB Write Cache SSD recommendations?

I am currently moving from a ZFS array to a Ceph cluster based storage system, however in order to not lose alot of capacity to mirroring in Ceph I need to implement a caching system to allow for erasure encoding on the CephFS portion of the cluster. Because I will be using mediocre speed...