Search results

1. Z

Proxmox Ceph RBD snapshot hangs when ceph-fuse mount present in LXC

I have been able to get a little more detail and isolate what is causing the problem. The sequence of events to cause a PVE hang appear to be the following: LXC container and ceph-fuse mount inside container (not just RBD, also hangs with ZFS container root) Process writing to file inside fuse...
  2. Z

Proxmox Ceph RBD snapshot hangs when ceph-fuse mount present in LXC

I have been trying to get a backup solution configured for my system. The system is using a hyperconverged ceph cluster with unprivileged LXC containers, the container image is contained on an RBD ceph pool. Inside some containers a ceph-fs is mounted via ceph-fuse. If I take a snapshot of a...
  3. Z

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

Found another seller at $110/drive for the 14TB drives. https://www.ebay.com/itm/386041075819
  4. Z

Anybody seen this container/ceph-fuse bug?

Long time since I updated this one... Sometime in the past year it has become possible to mount ceph-fuse clients without any code changes to ceph or proxmox. Under the options tab of the client edit features to have both nesting and fuse enabled. Once this is done ceph-fuse will work as in a...
  5. Z

Proxmox + zfs + encryption guide (work in progress)

This is not the encryption for that then. Even if grub and intiramfs is moved to another partition you still need a preboot console access to enter the initramfs password to mount the overall system.
  6. Z

This encryption method requires either physical access or IPMI access to the system. It encrypts everything including initramfs.
  7. Z

I ended up having a similar issue when I migrated my production system. I don't remember exactly how I solved it (panic because a production system is down) but it involved a process similar to the following... Boot into live envoronment (I used ubuntu for pre-compiled zfs) Unlock and mount...
  8. Z

The version of crypttab that ships with proxmox does not have the nofail option. I haven't had time the past couple of weeks to see about running a newer version than is in repos... hypothetically it should work.
  9. Z

So I figured out the issues I was having, as per usual it was just a single config I was not setting correctly. Below is a guide that I wrote mainly so I can follow it when migrating my production systems. It is being posted here in case somebody else wants to move an existing Proxmox 5.3 ZFS...
  10. Z

While I would not be opposed to rolling a newer version of ZFS into Proxmox, I would greatly prefer to not use a release candidate in what will become a production system within the next 6 months. And looking at the progress towards release I do not believe that ZFS 0.8 will be out by then...
  11. Z

I have been playing around with encryption for a system for a while, 4th post contains my notes on what I have so far. If anyone has more experience with crypttab and knows how to allow booting with a missing device, input would be appreciated. Has anybody accomplished zfs on luks whole...
  12. Z

Colo Space!

As somebody who is looking for colo space in the mid-west. I wonder if it would be worth setting up a thread/forum for various colo location offers/requests.
  13. Z

Radeon Instinct MI6 bios request

If anybody here has access to one of the 8GB Radeon Instinct MI6 cards would it be possible to get a bios dump from it? I am looking to see if it is possible to mod one of my old mining cards (8GB RX480) into the MI6 to be used for virtualization on my home server. If anybody can get the bios...
  14. Z

C602 Motherboard suggestions

Does anybody have any suggestions for a cheapish C602 motherboard? I am currently using the asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 which works very well and am looking to set up a second system for failover/redundancy for which my current quad core second node just can't take the load even for short periods of...
  15. Z

Small update, I am diving into the ceph source code and compiling with debug messages in the troublesome methods. This is what I have gotten so far before the fuse client crashes. 2018-04-19 22:45:25.544 7fecf9371c00 0 ceph version 13.0.2-1552-ga4778e9...
  16. Z

Do you have a link to the fix you have documented? At this point I am reading into stuff that is only tangentially related to try finding a fix...
  17. Z

I am trying to mount a ceph-fuse client in a ubuntu 16.04 lxc container within Proxmox v5.1-46. I have gotten far enough that it begins to complain about kernel dentries before failing. -9> 2018-04-08 23:23:36.597140 7ff01595f700 1 client.2979582 using remount_cb -8> 2018-04-08...
  18. Z

NVME SSD Recommendations (home use)

I wish that the P3608 was in my budget, unfortunately I would like to do this one for less than $600 per drive. I was looking at the P3500, and if I knew that they wouldn't brick themselves at 1PB written I would be all over those. However, I don't know that for sure.
  19. Z

NVME SSD Recommendations (home use)

I am looking for some fairly quick NVME HHHL SSDs in the 1 to 2 TB capacity range. I found a few Intel drives that I wasn't opposed to, however my understanding is when an Intel SSD hits it's rated lifetime writes it bricks itself on reboot. The applications I am running tend to end up being...
  20. Z

How many people are mining on NVIDIA 10 series GPUs?

The 1080Ti just payed out. Ended up averaging to almost a 50% increase compared to the profit mining zcash. Going to try moving my R9 295x2 miner over and if that goes well as well, probably going to move all my miners to the pool.