Search results

1. V

What is the cheapest server/barebone/motherboard that will support a Intel Xeon 6138F CPU?

I see that you can buy Intel Xeon 6138F ES CPU's for $150 at eBay. I already have 128GB RDIMM DDR4 ECC RAM myself. I was wondering, what is the cheapest way to complete this build? I do already have 2 Xeon v4 ES CPU's at home, but it looks like the Xeon Gold's seem an extremely good deal?
  2. V

EU Synology RX1217RP

I have already sold my Synology RS3617xs, so I have no need for my Synology RX1217RP anymore. Asking Price: €799. I'm based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, but I can ship it for €29.
  3. V

Looking for Socket 1150 CPU

I'm looking for a socket 1150 CPU for a 1U Supermicro SuperServer 5018D-MTF Intel C224 Socket H3 (LGA 1150) 1U Silver - server barebones (Intel C224, Socket H3 (LGA 1150) Any tips what would be good deal CPU's to search for on eBay? I'm looking to keep power consumption and noise low, although...
  4. V

Dell T430 Motherboard and Corsair power supply

I bought a new Dell T430 motherboard for $200. It was the cheapest option I found in Europe for a dual 2011-3 solution. I have a Corsair power supply, but I couldn't connect it, because it has 2x10 pins instead of 2x9. It does fit like this: I am wondering if I should return it to the...
  5. V

EU Socket 1050 - 5 Brand Servers - Unopened boxes

removed per forum policy
  6. V

EU FS: DDR4/ECC/RDIMM/UDIMM/DIMM/DDR3

All this stuff is in Europe. 2x KTH-PLH/8G 1x HP 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-R 726719-B21 2x KVR21R154/8 2x Crucial CT2K8G4RFS4213 288 Pin 16GB (8GB x2) CL15 DDR4 DIMM Memory Module So this totals up to 64GB 2133 ECC RDIMM. So I have lots of DDR4 Non-ECC Gaming Dimm's too, I have some DDR3, not...
  7. V

When was a post written?

Is there any way I can see when a post was written? Top Picks for FreeNAS ZIL/ SLOG Drives I'm sure this is completely up-to-date, but is a timestamp of created and last updated anywhere to be found.
  8. V

New topics in the great deals forum

When I go to Great Deals I see a lot of posts sorted by the last comment. I was wondering if I could also be notified of new threads or sort by threads? Because it's lovely that we can discuss how to get the network card we bought working, but not always the most interesting to be on top...
  9. V

Completely random, Synology chassis on my FreeNAS with LSI 9300-8e?

I have a Synology RackStation RX1214, because I didn't think the offer would get accepted. The Synology extension bay has a infiniband port. Can I connect that to an empty no-disk FreeNAS-box with LSI 9300-8e I already have too? I don't currently have any LSI HBA's. I'm looking on eBay and...
  10. V

When should I invest in a low TCP CPU?

I read a lot, the CPU uses his max TCP only when stressed. So does that mean L-cpu's are often super-power CPU's that can do the same work with less power? I was planning on getting the PassMark - Intel Xeon E3-1265L @ 2.40GHz - Price performance comparison, as the v2 is double the price for...
  11. V

Can the HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T run both FreeNAS and Pfsense?

I'm looking for a Pfsense router and FreeNAS back-up server to get more experienced with FreeNAS and ZFS. Is the HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T a decent server to run both at the same time? • FreeNAS • Pfsense It's not going to become my primary NAS, but will become my primary router. I'm...
  12. V

Do I need a Synology expansion unit to expand a Synology via eSata?

I've purchased a second-hand RS3617RPxs on Prime Day and I'm quiet happy with it and I'd like to expand it. I'm out of slots and I'd like to add a 6 disk raid-6 array. Synology is selling an expansion unit at...
  13. V

Dell PERC H330 not recognized by XPenology

I have a Dell T330 with PERC H330 in HBA mode, but the XPenology VM doesn't recognize the disks in passthrough mode. FreeNAS, Unraid and Linux VM's see the disks just fine, but XPenology doesn't. Jun v1.0.2a2 bootloader Flat Disk HW Level 10 PVSCSI VMXNET3 SataPortMap=8888 Any tips while...