Search results

1. R

Mellanox SX6036 Updating MLNX-OS and Gateway License Question

Hello You might find the firmware you need here at the new HP site for this unit. HPE Support Center You can get 3.6.8012 from the Nvidia Lenovo site. Some more information about problems updating firmware can be found here. See Post 20...
  2. R

XEONS Available 8259CL,8175M,8124M,8160.e5-2623 V4 and a few 8275cl

Hello I just noticed the typo. Sorry, it is in a a CSE 747 with no disks and no HBA. 2x 920SQ Just a bare minimum setup to start with, 128gb Ram and a Solidigm Nvme drive. With 1 Lsi 3008 and 8 3tb sas drives it idles around 170w or so. I hope this helps. RedX1
  3. R

XEONS Available 8259CL,8175M,8124M,8160.e5-2623 V4 and a few 8275cl

Hello Just a positive shout-out for Irishdave. I ordered 2 8259CL CPU's from him on eBay just before the christmas holiday. They we shipped next day and were delivered in the UK the first post after the holiday. They arrived well packaged and I installed them in a Gigabyte MD71-HB0...
  4. R

Supermicro SuperChassis CSE-743 / SC-743

Hello Be careful with your CSE 743 choice. These chassis do not easily accept an ATX Type power supply and are limited to the smaller motherboards. The Supermicro AT Type PSU’s are still available. If you are buying a brand-new chassis the CSE 747 may be a better choice, they are slightly...
  5. R

UK Supermicro SYS-1028U-TNRTP+

Hello Here is a X10DRU i+ with 2 SFP+, 2 750W PSU, AOC-S3108L-H81R and 2 NVME Backplane. ebay.co.uk itm/285591010345 First class vendor. They have several and occasionally offer some for auction. Have fun. RedX1
  6. R

Modify short pci bracket for full length slot?

Hello Your " crude but functional" solution amused me a lot. Most won't notice, but a NAS Bolt and a Kaynar Nut will cost more than any new bracket. It is great to see Ingenuity at work Have fun. RedX1
  7. R

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Hello Try looking for the Web UI at https:// Your IP The later firmware versions changed to https://. I hope this works for you. Good luck. RedX1
  8. R

[JP] [Auction] MCX4131A-GCAT initial bid 5000 JPY (~35 USD) ending at 8/21 22:30 JST

Hello It is possible to access the Yahoo Japan auction site, from the UK at least – by using Buyee. Buyee is available from this link https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/u.k/category/2084054006?translationType=1&lang=en Buyee offers a proxy purchasing experience that lets you purchase items...
  9. R

Supermicro C2558 Lan Bypass Motherboard.

Hello Search the Item No Provided. I hope you can find it. I could. RedX1
  10. R

Supermicro C2558 Lan Bypass Motherboard.

Hi There may be some interest in this offer. Supermicro C2558 Lan Bypass Motherboard. eBay Item No 185863588998 Interesting Motherboard - Watch out for AVR54! Have Fun. RedX1
  11. R

Looking for a CPU/MB combo in mini ITX, iGPU and quick sync, and ECC support

Hello The Supermicro X11SSV-M4 or-M4F might fit these requirements. Getting one for an acceptable price, humm.... Good luck. RedX1
  12. R

CSE-M28SACB fan

Hello Just for Christmas. On some CSE745 chassis, I made the fan on a M14T-B much more acceptable for use in an office by powering the 12v pin on the fan with 5v from the floppy disk connector. I used a single M to F jumper lead. It is easy to do, the fan runs slower, the alarm stays silent...
  13. R

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Hello I have no experience of Cisco LR modules, but the code below works for the Arista QSFP-40G-UNIV Transceiver and some other LR Modules. Code: configure terminal fae cable-stamping-unlock 40g_lr4 exit write memory More info here. Mellanox Interconnect Community I hope this...
  14. R

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Hello I obtained a couple of these modules from the above link and was pleased to discover that they work with this cheap SFP-RJ45 adaptor. HP (453578-001) Virtual Connect - 1Gbps RJ-45 (SFP) BL-c 100m Copper 453154-B21 You need to enable WiFi in the Bios for these modules to work. I...
  15. R

Supermicro Motherboard Listing (Archived older Models)

Supermicro Motherboard Listing (Archived older Models) Hello While searching for the details of a X8 era Supermicro motherboard, I became aware that Supermicro seem to have disabled direct search links for many X9 series and older motherboards. After some searching, I found that...
  16. R

What's your go to thermal paste?

Hello You might find this information and wisdom from a long time ago relevant. Dow Corning® TC-5121 VS Artic Silver 5 Linked Report. https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy08osti/42972.pdf If you do not have time to read it all. Here is the relevant text. “The problem with the thermal conductivity...
  17. R

Supermicro X11SPM-F-O lan not working after a few bios update

Hello Supermicro Support in Europe provide fantastic service and support. You will need to note the LAN Mac address from the stickers on the motherboard. Follow the instructions and ask Support if you get stuck. I hope all goes well for you. REDX1
  18. R

Supermicro X11SPM-F-O lan not working after a few bios update

Hello Resetting the EEprom for Supermicro LAN interfaces is not straightforward. Some time ago I updated a bios on a X11SAT-F, this reset the LAN 1 Mac address to 88.88.88.88.87.88. This link describes the problem...
  19. R

Can't get ipmi KVM to work on newer Supermicro MB's

Hello I have just updated two SM X10 motherboards and have experienced similar problems. One was a X10SRi-F and the other a X10SL7-F. The X10SRi-F was updated to Bios 3.4 and BMC Firmware 3.93. I did the normal full Power-Off shutdown, with a Battery-Out - Bios set to Defaults. I used...
  20. R

ROME8D-2T + 3090s PSU requirements

Hi You might want to check this out. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Quad-GeForce-RTX-3090-in-a-desktop---Does-it-work-1935/ Have fun RedX1