Search results

1. markpower28

AMD EYPC Milan BIOS Optimization

7532. It will be for VMware workload. Any suggestions?
  2. markpower28

AMD EYPC Milan BIOS Optimization

I start working on AMD EYPC Milan platform (Dell R7525) and noticed BIOS settings such as NUMA Nodes Per Socket and L3 cache as NUMA Domain. What's the recommendation and impact? Any other settings I should be aware of? Thanks Mark
  3. markpower28

arista 7050qx-32s and Cisco NGFW 1120

I have a pair of arista 7050qx-32s behind 1120 and running into NAT access issues. I have over a dozen vlans between FW and switches. From 1120 I am able to ping 7050 and internal servers but remote access via NAT timed out. From the packet trace I can see traffic went all the way from FW to...
  4. markpower28

and again the china and supermicro bashing continues by bloomberg

So did they ever find the super secret chip on the supermicro MB? No. Do they successfully launch the campaign against China since the article? Yes. Is China USSR? Do we want another cold war? Who is benefiting from all of these? In the cloud age, servers are commodity, who is willing to...
  5. markpower28

vSAN sizing reccomandations

Both 2 & 3 works. Just be aware, unlike all flash, you can only do RAID 1 without deduplication and compression.
  6. markpower28

Napp-it resilvering

When I try to remove the unavail disk I have the following error: cannot detach 6421037529530817339: no valid replicas I only use the storage present iSCSI LUNs to VMware. So the error message point to the LUN itself.
  7. markpower28

Napp-it resilvering

Thanks @gea I could not delete any of the drive mentioned above. Have the following error: cannot detach c6t5000039628D97C26d0: no valid replicas Any other thing I could do?
  8. markpower28

Napp-it resilvering

Thanks @gea I added another clean drive use the replace drive function. As you can see, after it finished 100% it start the process again stated data corruption. I don't have backup/snapshot. Do I just lost the entire pool? (highlighted drives are the new drives I put in the pool)
  9. markpower28

Napp-it resilvering

Had a bad drive failed in a zpool with 12 x 2 TB mirror pool. Removed the failed drive with a new one and start the drive replace process. Looks like the zpool is in resilvering loop somehow. It went 100% on the resilver process then start process all over again and again. It has been 2 weeks...
  10. markpower28

K8's On VMware

The reference below could be a good fit for you.Complete vSphere with Tanzu homelab with just 32GB of memory!
  11. markpower28

VMware 6.7U3 NVMe Storage Issue

try install windows first see if the drive show up
  12. markpower28

VMware 6.7U3 NVMe Storage Issue

Try this VMware Knowledge Base
  13. markpower28

Napp-IT/OmniOS iSER Target

Thank you @gea ! I am running bare-metal for OmniOS and I do not have @StevenDTX 's issue. I am familiar with Solaris' RDMA requirement for IB which is why I moved away from Solaris based ZFS to Linux based ZFS (not as good) in the past two years due to lack of support for Ethernet support...
  14. markpower28

omniosce-r151034 support Mellanox ConnectX-4/5/6 out of the box
  15. markpower28

Is there possible to enable iSER on OmniOS? I was able to get standard iSCSI working with ESXi, but no luck with iSER. What's the best way to create an iSER target? (if needed) OmniOS Build - omniosce-r151034 NIC: Mellanox ConnectX-4 Napp-IT: 19.12 Client ESXi 7.0 NIC: Mellanox Connect 3 with...
  16. markpower28

ConnectX3 VPI on Solaris/Omnios

very exciting news, is that means RDMA (iSER) finally comes to the stable platform for ZFS? :)
  17. markpower28

Advice on vSAN networking : Infiniband

IB is not supported for vSphere 6.7. mellanox stop making IB drivers for vSphere. The Arista 7050QX switch a very popular switch at STH for 40Gbe.
  18. markpower28

Do you have to use a cache tier with vSAN?

Correct, that's the current requirement.
  19. markpower28

Do you have to use a cache tier with vSAN?

Good question, that's the current architecture.