Search results

1. 0

Directly Connect two QSFP NICs with Active Optical cable?

Thank you very much. I thought this was the case. However, I just wanted to confirm before plopping down the money. I will go ahead and make my purchase. It's a brand new cable for $35 shipped 10m run. Perfect for what I need.
  2. 0

Excellent. Thank you very much for the reply and information. As far as your question, doesn't the above cable have the transceivers attached at the end of the cable thus making it an Active optical cable? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is there something different about this compared to buying...
  3. 0

Good Day, I wanted to directly connect two computers which have Mellanox MCX313A-BCBT (QSFP 40GBE) cards directly to each other w/ an optical link and I wanted to inquire as to whether or not this is possible with this Active Optical cable : 15m (49ft) Dell Force10 CBL-QSFP-40GE-15M Compatible...
  4. 0

Potential deal: MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 MNPA19-XTR 10GB with SFP+ CABLE for $23

Could someone please link to the page where the HP firmware update is located for these cards?
  5. 0

Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Adapter Card ConnectX-3 CX311A $12 obo + $15 Shipping

Fudge :( Double Fudge :( So, now I have super pricey Pro cards that I didn't even need .. FML Any other benefit of these pro cards? do they do more hardware level processing of network traffic data? Time to fire up ebay, offload these cards I have and wait for a mcx311a-xcat-10-gbit sale ...
  6. 0

Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Adapter Card ConnectX-3 CX311A $12 obo + $15 Shipping

I'm right. The Brochure caused me to think the same thing thus why I own some pro cards and non pro cards. Here's the details you're looking for : http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=79 .. Scroll down to hardware support at the bottom. discussion : Difference between PRO VPI...
  7. 0

Only Connectx-3 Pro cards and Connectx-4 and above cards support RDMA aka ROCE for these Eth cards.
  8. 0

eBay 15 of 75 today only

Thanks for the mention. I used this code to get some spicy wafer cards and other Nostalgia to spruce up the aesthetics in my lab
  9. 0

Purchased QSFP+ cards : Need cable help

My Qsfp14 cables came in for my fun little Mellanox 40gigEth Nics and the cables work like a charm ! Mellanox QSFP Passive Copper FDR14 Infiniband Cable running in 40GigEth mode. Thank you so much i386 !
  10. 0

Thank you so much i386 ! You helped immensely and in a super timely fashion. I'm off to ebay to make some purchases :). Super excited !
  11. 0

Excellent information i386 ! So, generically speaking it's simply : QSFP+ w/ SDR,DDR,QDR, FDR speccing which can be used for infiniband/Ethernet. I just learned something today.. So, just to confirm, I am looking at QSFP+ cables rated at either 40GbE/56GbE for my Mellanox Nics which support...
  12. 0

Good Day Servethehome forum members, I've just purchased two MCX314A-BCCT Dual 40/56GbE cards and now need cables for them. I already have, in my cart, two Mellanox QSFP+ to SFP+ adapters for backwards compatibility to SFP+ cards I have. Now, I am on the hunt for QSFP+ cables.. I've seen...
  13. 0

Intel X540-T2 Fake/Chinese/Counterfeit

I see a number of Mellanox cards are beginning to be manufactured in China. I avoid these cards like the plague when purchasing on ebay. Tech Companies want higher margins and knowingly place their products, quality, and reputation at stake. What's funny about all this is that this practice is...
  14. 0

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

Thank you the reply. I like reading through such details. It gets my mind going about interesting things to look into. It sounds like you want to get into the driver/firmware area and even play around with a software defined element in the loop that gives you sway over how things get processed...
  15. 0

Mellanox Card choice (VPI or Eth) : need advice

Thank you so very much for the quick reply ! This helped me finalized my choice. I will go w/ the dual port Connectx-3 VPI QSFP+ 40/56 Card : http://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/prod_adapter_cards/ConnectX3_VPI_Card.pdf and slap on a QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter to be compatible with and connect to...
  16. 0

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

I was referring to lack of price difference between used Connectx-3 (40GbE/56IB) QSFP+ and Connectx-3 (10GbE) SFP+ cards and wondering if it had to do w/ the expense/restrictions on QSFP+ namely that you can't use breakout cables for directly connecting two computers (QSFP to SFP) - still need...
  17. 0

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

Is there a particular technical reason why that you can quickly link me to? I'm speaking about Copper DAC Breakouts (QSFP+ 40GbE -> 4x10 SFP+ GbE). Can another user confirm the accuracy of Rand's reply and also thank you Rand for the reply. I was also wondering : I this why the Connectx-3 QSFP...
  18. 0

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

I like your posts.. Spicy and scattered ;) It takes after my style but is indeed far more scattered. That being said, I follow you and I like your highlights. They are quite informative. Things that are informing my purchase : dual-port VPI cards support only the same protocol (IB or ETH) on...
  19. 0

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

I have a simpler packaged inquiry and it relates to moving to 40GbE (connectx-3) cards while also having two 10GbE Connectx-2 Nics in other computers. I will have zero router/switch hardware involved. The plan is to put one Connectx-3 40GbE (FDR) QSFP+ card (dual or single port) (VPI or...
  20. 0

Mellanox Card choice (VPI or Eth) : need advice

Also, down the road, is it possible to use a 40GbE QSFP+ DAC cable to directly connect two computers that have such ports?