Search results

1. marcoi

Help to setup opnsense for ATT static IP block

I have moved away from pfsense onto opnsense. I have it virtualized and setup with two wans right now. One WAN is ATT fiber and the other verizon internet. The two WANs are working as expected. For ATT, i use wpa_supplication bypass mode with certs. I get DHCP address from ATT. My issue is i...
  2. marcoi

[FS][US-FL34734) TrueNAS Combo Deal (Modded R720 and Supermicro JBOD)

Update: 6/1/2023 price drop to 1600 obo. Trades interested in: B650D4U-2T/BCM combo About me: Heatware: under marcoi Ebay: incorvm Paypal: Premier and Verified For Sale Rules: All items are sold as is with no warranty, unless otherwise stated. I listed any issues under the description. They...
  3. marcoi

Post highest hours HDD you have for the end of 2022

Storage prices are starting to go down, so i am working on retiring some spinning disks with newer models. I though it be fun to see what others have on their drives. So post away. MY WD shucked 8TB drive just hit 2023 day lol. It will end up in cold storage unit for long term backups etc.
  4. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

Hey All, Adding to the list of ESXI 7 annoyances, i recently been trying to get vmotion working between similar server builds. Originally the primary build had an e-2288G cpu and the second build had an e-2176G cpu. I though the issue with vmotion a live vm was due to cpu generation changes. So...
  5. marcoi

Recommend me a UPS for home lab

I want to change out my UPS and need some recommendations based on some specs i would like in the UPS. Not in any order. Software that works with VMware 7.x - must be simple and not scripts running on a windows vm thing. I want something like VM app or something that talks directly to vcenter...
  6. marcoi

Home network redo of 2021

I am in the process of upgrading my home network for this year. I am moving to 10GB and also want to redo the networking to make it more efficient etc. My house had some networking done prior to my purchase. I think its all cat 5e. It setup where ports are around the kitchen area, living room...
  7. marcoi

2020 New Desktop Build Work Log for a Dual system

Build’s Name: Ettin (AKA The Two-Headed Giant) Build one: Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows 10 pro CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Chassis: Phanteks Enthoo 719 Drives: 2 of Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (4 x 32GB) 288-Pin...
  8. marcoi

Issues with my intel e-2176G / Setup

This morning I woke up to my internet being down. Upon investigating my primary server running my pfsense/internet vms crashed. I spend the day swapping out the MB with a spare, testing with different configurations and such. Final test was to disable cpu features since i did not have a spare...
  9. marcoi

2020 - Show off your Home Office / Desk Area

Since many of us are working remote, I figure i start a thread on home office/desk setups. Feel free to include images and description of items.
  10. marcoi

FS - 2020 Thread (located in FL)

Update: New thread for 2020 Prices are best offers- Trades interested in: i9-9900k Dell r730xd 2.5 server About me: Heatware: under marcoi Ebay: incorvm Paypal: Premier and Verified For Sale Rules: All items are sold as is with no warranty, unless otherwise stated. I listed any issues under...
  11. marcoi

The PowerRouter: One beast to rule them all

I want to build a new server to run multiple instances of Router/Firewall VMs. The purpose is to have all the networking and a few other VMs running on the box so when i need to bring down a server for maintenance i dont lose networking. VMs so Far ATT PFsense - I replaced my gigafiber router...
  12. marcoi

WWYD: Dell OEM-R Bios

I recently bought a dell r730xd off ebay. I got the server monday and found out the bios was not dell but OEM-R Simplivity omnicube. I discussed with the vendor and they found a non oem-r dell system they would swap out for this one. I was able to update the bios to latest version on the server...
  13. marcoi

networking help

so i need to pick the brains of the network gurus out there. I have an ATT fiber at home with 8 static IP block with 5 usable. I have two ESXI hosts that run home services and dev lab. I setup a third esxi host to be used for external services (minecraft/blog, etc). I have the ATT modem setup...
  14. marcoi

FS 8GB/16GB DDR Memory

Please note - No low ball offers. It wastes my time. Heatware: under marcoi About me: Ebay: incorvm Paypal: Premier and Verified For Sale Rules: -------------------- All items are sold as is with no warranty, unless otherwise stated. I listed any issues under the description. They are located...
  15. marcoi

New Sections or maybe post subject?

I was thinking it might be nice to have a section or post titles for build Ideas and then build templates. My though was to have build idea post/section where the members can debate on how to create a solution. Everything from hardware to OS, etc. The though was it would make finding a cool...
  16. marcoi

Alienware Area-51m

Updated 2.27: The laptop is Alienware's latest design and represents a change in their typical laptop releases, in that this model is fully upgrade-able. It also includes a desktop spec CPU. See below the pictures for the specs as configured. My plan is to replace my current Alienware 17 model...
  17. marcoi

FS - 2019 Thread

Update: Make offers. Trades interested in: i9-9900k rtx 2080 ti with better then stock cooler 2 x e5-2680 V4 CPU or higher About me: Heatware: under marcoi Ebay: incorvm Paypal: Premier and Verified For Sale Rules: All items are sold as is with no warranty, unless otherwise stated. I listed...
  18. marcoi

forum issues?

I been seeing the following error a few times today and yesterday. It happens when i try to click on new posts. then a few mins later it seems ok. Maybe a bad load balancer?
  19. marcoi

eGPU with a Server?

Anyone setup an eGPU with Thunderbolt on a server? I'm thinking of getting an eGPU setup that works off of thunderbolt interface and add a thunderbolt pcie card to my dell r720 (assuming i have a free PCIE slot - got to check). My idea is pass-through the thunderbolt card to a w10 VM and thus...
  20. marcoi

Home Setup - Design changes

Well I'll be closing on a home in July and with that I want to consider redoing my home setup. I will break the home setup into categories and also current setup and future setup. I would like input on future setup, thus the discussion part of this thread. Categories 1. Network 2. VM Servers...