Search results

1. R

How do I connect IPMI on my firewall to my network?

Thanks for a great reply! I experimented with a setup similar to your suggestion, and it seemed to work well, so I think I'll go this route.
  2. R

How do I connect IPMI on my firewall to my network?

Newbie-question here. (: I've just purchased a used Supermicro A1SRi-2358F that I intend to use as a firewall on my home network, but I'm not clear on how to use the dedicated IPMI-port. I'll probably use IPFire with their multicolored setup: eth0: RED (WAN) eth1: GREEN (LAN) eth2: BLUE...
  3. R

Reyhn's SOHO: Single or Dual RAID setup?

The more I think on this, the more uncertain I become of the best solution... (: I now see four potential options: Dual RAID-arrays: Critical array: High parity, with focus on preventing data loss. Bulk array: Lower parity, with focus on cheap storage. Dual RAID-arrays: Critical array: A...
  4. R

We're clear :) I definitely agree that what you described is overkill! :) I may have used the term "high availability" in the wrong sense. What I meant was more along the lines of low latency, maximum network speed (client PCs have 1GbE-network cards) and that the data is "always" available...
  5. R

Hello! This is my first post here, but I've been lurking this site for years, fantasizing about having my own network/servers. :) I'm considering building a SOHO setup, which includes a network setup as well as server setups. I have so many questions and ponderings, but I'll start with the...