Search results

1. M

Max m.2 SATA card length for an Intel s2600cw

As above. I'm trying to find the max length that can be used on the built-in m.2 slot and cannot find this info. Thanks for the help!
  2. M

can I use 2400mhz ECC on a board required 2666+?

as above. this is what it says on the board specs (H11DSi | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc.) Thank you.
  3. M

Can someone please tell me how to connect NVMe drives to these Supermicro connectors?

These are supposely NVMe slots but it's nothing I've seen before. Thanks
  4. M

How to disabled BMC/IPMI on Intel boards (specifically S2600CW)?

as above. The only thing I that I found that may work is using the "Force BMC update" jumper. But supposedly that should only be used if the BMC firmware goes bad/needs updating. Thanks in advance for the help/replies.
  5. M

what tool can I use to monitor the turbo boost frequency of my Intel Xeon CPU when it's under load?

as above. I'm just trying to find the max turbo boost frequency when all cores are under load. Thank you.
  6. M

Hwo to backup existing firmware (BIOS + BMC + etc) on my Intel S2600cw?

as above. I want to backup the bios it came with before updating to latest one. I checked the Intel website and they are only offering a newer version that what's in the board. Thank you.
  7. M

modding AM4/AM3 Noctua brackets to fit in Intel narrow ILM

is this possible? Seems I can make the holes on the bigger (and perhaps use washers) to make it fit. Has anyone done something similar? I have 2x U14s I want to use. Thanks!
  8. M

power went out and now ESXi cannot see my Emulex OCE11102 10Gbe NIC (rebranded as HP NC552)

some observations I can see the Emulex BIOS "screen" during boot I run these 2 commands in an SSH sesion and both commands did NOT return the Emulex (can only see the Intel NIC that's included with the motherboard) - esxcfg-nics -l - lspci -v | grep -i ethernet I booted into an Ubuntu Live USB...
  9. M

Dell T7810 or T7910 - can I either of these 2 fit a 12cm HSF? (example: Noctua U12)

as above. I've searched the net and nothinguseful came up. Thanks!
  10. M

questions on Lenovo X3500 M5 (tower version)

as above. Thanks in advance. - Does it support Xeon V4? - how loud is it?
  11. M

vmware7u3d: moved my setup to a new board and I somehow lost SR-IOV on my Emulex card (HP NC552sfp)

some info: both boards are Xeon V1/2 capable I've checked the NIC "BIOS" setup several times and I've enabled SR-IOV there I am running 7u3d on the new board I am running &u3c on the old board in Hardware => PCI devices, both ports are listed as disabled. I am trying to enable it but all I get...
  12. M

so I upgraded the firm on my Emulex OCE11xxxx (branded as HP NC552SFP) and the PC won't boot unless I disable option ROM (in motherboard BIOS)

As above. It hangs on the message "initialization done". Before I flashed it, the card will try to "initialize" the 2 ports after displaying "initialization done" message. Once I disable "Option ROM" in the BIOS, the PC will boot to windows and windows have no problems loading the drivers (at...
  13. M

Transceiver compatibility - what should I be looking for?

I was looking at fs.com and they have multiple "versions" of a transceiver depending on the manufacturer. An example would be this product: Cisco SFP-10G-SR Compatible 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver Module - FS Is this purely marketing? What should I be looking for when looking for compatible...
  14. M

IBM branded EMULEX OCE11102 - Can I flash HP firmware?

as above. Thanks
  15. M

question please: I was given an IBM Emulex OCE11102 (work surplus) but it comes with transceivers...

some info: - card is this: IBM 95Y3766 (IBM 95Y3766 Emulex Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Virtual Fabric Adapter) - transceiver is this: QLogic FTLX8571D3BCL-QL (QLogic brand) (Amazon.com: Qlogic FTLX8571D3BCL-QL 10Gb 850nm SW SFP+ Optical Transceiver : Electronics) Thanks for the reply...
  16. M

cannot flash HP sas2308 to IT mode

FIXED: I fixed my problem by flashing 9205-8e firmware... --------- as above. I am using P14 sas2flash with P20 firmware and this is what I get. I had another HP 22x in the past and never had this problem. any ideas on how to fix? I have already erased my card and most guides says not to...
  17. M

Connecting a SAS card directly to the Supermicro riser slot

As above. So I found a good deal on a Supermicro 1u/2u board (Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DGU-F). According to the manual the riser slot is PCIe 16x (+8x slot). I'll be using the board in your everyday case that can support EATX boards. I'm hoping...
  18. M

Asus Z9PR-D12 + E5-2651 V2 - has anyone tried this combo? (or used it on any board)

As above. The CPU is not listed in the supported CPU and is not listed on Intel's site. Thanks!
  19. M

WiFi connetion for ESXi 6.x/7.x

as above. due to cabling constraints, my server can only connect to the internet via WiFi (currently an Intel 8260AC). - Can I use my current setup to setup ESXi 6.x/7.x (not the workstation edition) - OR maybe I need something like this? (DAP‑1522 - Xtreme N Duo Wireless N Access Point) I'll...
  20. M

To those with supermicro EEATX board, question on case compatibility

I am thinking of getting this one (X9DRi-LN4F+ 13.6in by 13in) and I'm worried that the back ports would not align with the back hole. Looking at pics, it's almost like the back ports are in the middle. Is the extra width above or below the back ports? Thanks!