Search results

1. M

Max m.2 SATA card length for an Intel s2600cw

As above. I'm trying to find the max length that can be used on the built-in m.2 slot and cannot find this info. Thanks for the help!
  2. M

Intel S2600WTTR not supporting my 2x E52696 v4 processors

Are you able to share these mods? Thanks
  3. M

can I use 2400mhz ECC on a board required 2666+?

as above. this is what it says on the board specs (H11DSi | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc.) Thank you.
  4. M

Intel S2600WTTR not supporting my 2x E52696 v4 processors

perhaps the board cannot provide enough juice to power the CPU?
  5. M

Can someone please tell me how to connect NVMe drives to these Supermicro connectors?

These are supposely NVMe slots but it's nothing I've seen before. Thanks
  6. M

How to disabled BMC/IPMI on Intel boards (specifically S2600CW)?

1. well, I'm trying to speed up POST and I have a feeling the lag is due to BMC/IPMI. 2. the ethernet dedicated to IPMI is unconnected so no security to worry about?
  7. M

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

use my old instructions for this link: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/nvme-on-intel-s2600cp.9275/post-227547 good luck! (i'm using the same technique to NVMe boot in an Intel c612 motherboard.)
  8. M

How to disabled BMC/IPMI on Intel boards (specifically S2600CW)?

as above. The only thing I that I found that may work is using the "Force BMC update" jumper. But supposedly that should only be used if the BMC firmware goes bad/needs updating. Thanks in advance for the help/replies.
  9. M

what tool can I use to monitor the turbo boost frequency of my Intel Xeon CPU when it's under load?

as above. I'm just trying to find the max turbo boost frequency when all cores are under load. Thank you.
  10. M

Hwo to backup existing firmware (BIOS + BMC + etc) on my Intel S2600cw?

as above. I want to backup the bios it came with before updating to latest one. I checked the Intel website and they are only offering a newer version that what's in the board. Thank you.
  11. M

modding AM4/AM3 Noctua brackets to fit in Intel narrow ILM

Didn't know that. I'll try my luck. Thanks
  12. M

$5 Intel 100G CWDM4 QSFP28

What sort of pcie cards accept these? Thanks
  13. M

modding AM4/AM3 Noctua brackets to fit in Intel narrow ILM

is this possible? Seems I can make the holes on the bigger (and perhaps use washers) to make it fit. Has anyone done something similar? I have 2x U14s I want to use. Thanks!
  14. M

power went out and now ESXi cannot see my Emulex OCE11102 10Gbe NIC (rebranded as HP NC552)

some observations I can see the Emulex BIOS "screen" during boot I run these 2 commands in an SSH sesion and both commands did NOT return the Emulex (can only see the Intel NIC that's included with the motherboard) - esxcfg-nics -l - lspci -v | grep -i ethernet I booted into an Ubuntu Live USB...
  15. M

Dell T7810 or T7910 - can I either of these 2 fit a 12cm HSF? (example: Noctua U12)

washer mod? (a quick net search did not turn up anything useful) ---- I know a U9 would fit I already have a pair of u12 that would save me at least $150 USD (in locally currency). do you think there's enough extra room to fit a u12? I don't mind removing the memory shrouds. Thank you.
  16. M

Dell T7810 or T7910 - can I either of these 2 fit a 12cm HSF? (example: Noctua U12)

as above. I've searched the net and nothinguseful came up. Thanks!
  17. M

questions on Lenovo X3500 M5 (tower version)

as above. Thanks in advance. - Does it support Xeon V4? - how loud is it?
  18. M

vmware7u3d: moved my setup to a new board and I somehow lost SR-IOV on my Emulex card (HP NC552sfp)

some info: both boards are Xeon V1/2 capable I've checked the NIC "BIOS" setup several times and I've enabled SR-IOV there I am running 7u3d on the new board I am running &u3c on the old board in Hardware => PCI devices, both ports are listed as disabled. I am trying to enable it but all I get...