Search results

1. D

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Roughly 30C drop, hottest i've seen is 96C on the chipset, but typically around 80-85C or it is in crashed state. I believe running these hot for years may have damaged the chipsets, and these start to crash well below the treshold temp. Not all are this flaky but many of them are. After...
  2. D

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Also i tested a 470W PSU: PS-2417-1L LF It works on these machines, but i only kept the machine running for 10-15mins, as i need to do proper power analysis etc. and if it helps at all or not with power consumption. Last time i checked we had 380W from the wall with the 1100W PSUs, but it seems...
  3. D

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

But through the board, and there is no holes in the board? oO; Sounds to me like magic for something to go through solid object :) I will take photos next time i stumble across it. Anyone managed to fit any other motherboard on these machines? Looks like the sled is a few mm too short to fit...
  4. D

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

This is the same issue i am having, some motherboards have already utterly failed. My fix has been to take the chipset heatsinks out, soak them in acetone to remove the dried and stiff thermal insulating material (it's not transferring anymore), use proper compound + heatsink glue + hot glue to...
  5. D

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I have a lot of these, and they are now having worse and worse random crashes ! :O It's like the whole system just halts, sometimes coming back for a minute or two on rare occasion. Often BMC stops responding as well, sometimes it (rarely) works. I have replaced all hardware couple times now...
  6. D

Scalable Xeons: AMD sure scared Intel into pulling out the big guns

Any DB benchmark unless super carefully constructed with insane variety is not going to really be a relevant benchmark to any real world application - at all. There are just too many different DBs, with different architectures, different levels of optimizations, different data structures etc. A...