Search results

1. A

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

So I'm back again having FINALLY found a home for this board and CPU. I found myself in need of much better routing and built it into a PFSense router. Here's my issue, I'm using an i7 2630QM and AES isn't working. I read it's an issue with microcode and some i7s, it can be patched in in the...
  2. A

...Oh I found a way to make it cooler AND quieter yet... :3
  3. A

Sharing more. :) I found this 'G1/G2' Heatsink on eBay and ordered it since my i7 2630qm would throttle in some situations with the stock CoolerMaster heat sink that came with the board. Peak temps were down to 69'C from 96'C (Really only hit that high running CPU benchmarks, but still) and it...
  4. A

Has anyone else with this board seen an issue where the OS shuts down the PC, and it really does shut down, yet the PWR LED blinks as if the board is in stand by mode even though it's not? I even press power and it fully goes through the POST process, so I'm baffled why it'll shut down and sit...
  5. A

I saw this but was considering a mPCIE USB card but in the end I'm going to do neither. Since the RVZ01-E has space at a real premium after making room for an ATX PSU and 13" GPU, there's definitely no room for another PCIE card in there and even just making room to wire in power for an mPCIE...
  6. A

No probs. I figured no one else was going to dig up 1.16 since Advantech never posted it on their website so it was the only way to get it out there. Since I found this thread easily while researching my own board, I figured others could benefit themselves. Personally, my build is going to be...
  7. A

Not a problem, though I hope others make copies. I won't deleted it off Google Drive any time soon but I give no promises and the ZIP was too large for the forum's own file upload function. This is an obscure motherboard so the more information that's out there the more it an help users. And...
  8. A

Maybe they did? My inspiration to email was I saw a YouTuber with a different model of Socket G2 board who emailed the company that made it and they sent him an Ivy Bridge compatible BIOS. So it seems to be technically possible. Some of the update versions on the documentation have NO...
  9. A

I can report that V1.16 would allow a Radeon R9 390X to post in the system when it would not post before. :) Hopefully it improves compatibility across the board.
  10. A

AIMB272v116.zip That Zip contains the 1.16 BIN, a set of instructions for flashing with a DOS bootable USB key, the DOS flasher tool, and the TXT file that lists the version history.
  11. A

Hello, I realized that this thread is old, I found it by a Google search but I gained some information that others may find useful. I emailed Advantech to ask about any unreleased or Beta BIOS versions for the AIMB-272 and they responded within one day. The v1.11 on their site is painfully old...