Search results

1. S

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

It will be interesting to watch the STH on this one. 3888 sold as of this post: https://www.ebay.com/itm/166349036307 It's go hard drive, so take that for whatever it's worth.
  2. S

Avago 9305-16e for $133 + ship in CDW Outlet

I know these are around the same price on ebay, but the ebay ones are typically used or unknown quality imports. These are the real deal from a real deal distributor. Order these by phone to get stock allocated to your order, or you will just miss out when your order is mysteriously cancelled...
  3. S

Open-E Experiences?

I've read a lot of experiences of TrueNas and other open source NAS projects, but didn't know about this one that offers a free version for soho and smaller applications. System requirements seem really light (ideal for older hardware) and the feature set seems really nice. Am I missing...
  4. S

New Supermicro BMC Vulnerabilities

Just saw this article on securityweek and thought people here might want to know: " Supermicro has released BMC IPMI firmware updates to address multiple vulnerabilities impacting select motherboard models."...
  5. S

Anyone heard of INEX Server Communications?

Got a spam email from them from a .jp server, but the company seems to actually be legit and local: Hi We have the following Hitachi Hard Drives available for immediate purchase. All the units are fully tested and fully functional HITACHI HARD DRIVES: 2580 pc. HIT HCS5C1050CLA382 3500 pc...
  6. S

Help Me Boot My Restored Clonezilla Image

I haven't studied how the boot process has changed since the days of BIOS and MBR so hoping someone can chime in here and help me figure this out. I have the Fujitsu s920 thin client that I restored to W10 IOT using official Fujitsu downloads. It works great for what I need and am trying to...
  7. S

EXPIRED 32GB ECC UDIMMS for $29/ea in the CDW Outlet

Thanks to RobstarUSA for bringing this one to my attention. :cool: Okay, this deal is just sick and should work in non-ecc applications as well (if that even exists)--32GB DDR4 ECC UDIMMs for a ridiculous $29/ea. :eek: And there's over 150 in stock as of this post...
  8. S

Pluribus Networks Freedom F9532-C 32-port 40/100Gb QSFP28 Switch Open Box New $576.86+ship

Found this over on reddit and thought it would be of interest here since these are essentially brand new from the factory (with the factory firmware/OS) for a fraction of new: *OPEN BOX* Pluribus Networks Freedom F9532-C 32-port 40 / 100 Gb QSFP28 Switch | eBay Only 8 available as of this...
  9. S

$13/TB Sata Recertified Drives

Found out about this on a thread from another forum and then investigating on my own to find the best deals which I've summarized below. All drives are factory recertified (not seller refurbs) and come with a 2yr warranty: Seagate 10TB exos for $130 ($13/TB) : Seagate Exos 7E10 ST10000NM017B...
  10. S

Supermicro CSE 512 Mini 1U Server Chassis with single power supply $40+ship

Shipping shows only $15 for me, and it includes the power supply even though it's only 140w...
  11. S

18TB HC550 4yr+ Warranty $299.75 Shipped

I saw these the other day and they seem like a pretty solid deal for some solid drives: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Western%20Digital/0F38459P/ There were also some cheaper at ~$289, but they sold out: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Western%20Digital/0F38459R/
  12. S

Geoblocking Set at Your ISP

Generally, geoblocking has been a customer side implementation. But to me, it's never really made sense as a block at the isp level would save the isp bandwidth and also serve the customer better. So I finally got someone one the phone at Charter/Spectrum that was able to do exactly this by...
  13. S

HP DL580 Gen10 Quad Gold 6230 256GB Ram for $11567 in CDW Outlet

Probably only one of these available and just from some quick searches on the CPU and RAM costs, you're basically paying for the CPU and RAM and getting the rest of it for free: https://www.cdw.com/product/hpe-proliant-dl580-gen10-xeon-gold-6230-256gb-p408i-p-4x-1600w-server/6475439#PO It's an...
  14. S

16TB WD Easystore External USB 3.0 Hard Drive $254.99 @ Best Buy

Found out from another site that also said there was free shipping--I didn't check that part out: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-16tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6427998.p?skuId=6427998 It's apparently also available on ebay from BB at the same prices, so those with ebay...
  15. S

WTB: Memory Storage/Shipping Trays

I need to get more organized and was trying to come up with ways of doing it and thought these might help. Anyone have a bunch of these they're getting rid of? I can send you a prepaid UPS label or pay if that works better for you. Shipping to 35613 and payment via paypal preferred (but I...
  16. S

WTT:16x 32GB LRDIMMs for 16x 32GB RDIMMs

So I somehow mixed up PC3L-14900r and PC3-14900L in my head and got the wrong ram for my R710 and R410. :confused: I have 16 of the following: HP Part# 712384-081 Samsung m386b4g70dm0-cma4qm 32gb 4rx4 pc3-14900L-13-12-c0 I would ideally like to trade for 16 of the following: 32gb 4rx4...
  17. S

How To Use SFP with Dell Powerconnect 2748 and 2724

I've got both of these in unmanaged mode and have some dac cables. The link on the sfp ports will flash for a bit when the 2724 is rebooted, but then once booted they go silent and no traffic is passed. Will sfp and dac only work in managed mode? Do sfps in general only work in managed...
  18. S

Sophos SG-230?

Anyone familiar with these? Do they require subscriptions to work or do they have some basic features like nat, ipsec tunnels, etc out of the box. Thank you in advance!
  19. S

EU [UK] WD 12TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive £159.99 (£13.33/TB)

Just saw this on datahorder: "https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-WDBWLG0100HBK-EESN-Elements-Desktop-Storage/dp/B07VXKF1L4 This is the second lowest price it's been at. It fell to £154.99 last month for a very short time and I missed that deal." [EU/UK] WD 12TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive...
  20. S

ASUS LGA3647 ATX Motherboard $236 in CDW Outlet

It took a while for this to come down to this price and I believe it's got a few more drops to go, but it's sitting at below most used prices at this point so I thought it would be worth it to post it: ASUS Z11PA-U12 LGA 3647 ATX MB (BSTK - Z11PA-U12-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts -...