Search results

1. S

EXPIRED 1.92TB PM983 $75

Never underestimate The STH Effect™ (not actually trademarked, but looks cooler this way :D)
  2. S

16GB Intel M10 Optane M.2 SSD $15.50 New?

Would be interesting if some genuine ones bought domestically would have the same issues or not.
  3. S

[WTB][US-CA] SAS3008 (or newer) 8/16e LSI IT mode capable HBA

Don't forget to search for some of the non-lsi branded cards like this one: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/broadcom-lsi-9405w-16e-98-shipping.43854/
  4. S

Broadcom/LSI 9405W-16E - $98 + shipping

I've never understood why companies do this. Typically these products are old enough to not affect sales of new products and the cost of serving the pages probably costs less than the process to remove them. It's so stupid and just hurts anyone trying to use what are in a lot of cases...
  5. S

The truth about CPU power consumption

You can always get an IP KVM box to give you that out of band management. Then you could use almost any box that has the compute and lanes and power requirements you need. :)
  6. S

Enterprise SSD/HDD price increases :-(

Interesting to hear from the front line. Yeah, it is interesting with supply increasing and prices dropping that there aren't more adoptions into the homelab. I guess people are broke, lol.
  7. S

[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

I think the taxation rules apply more to business sellers as most individuals don't have tax reporting accounts. Plus, on used items sales tax was already paid once so that's not as a big of a deal as the capital gains tax for buying and flipping stuff as people do.
  8. S

Interesting data point.
  9. S

WTS: Enterprise-grade SSDs, DDR3/DDR4 ECC RAM

Size of the Samsung modules is 16GB for those looking (it's in the pictures but is best in the listing too).
  10. S

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

That's a nice 'oops'. :) yhpm. :)
  11. S

At least 10% as ebay fees are nearly 20% for some transactions. As a seller, you save that by posting here (and other forums/boards) and selling direct. The drawback is no ebay protections, but those are mainly for the buyer anyways these days.
  12. S

Good point on demand--most newer servers make nvme/u.2 a lot easier to use so I could see demand higher than it has been historically and increasing in the future.
  13. S

You're welcome. Like I said, it definitely doesn't hurt to 'post it around' as I've found buyers for my stuff via a good post as seo brought them to the thread. :)
  14. S

Generally, if you have gear that's closer to new then ebay will fetch you more than here since most people here don't need new, just working. It won't hurt to have it listed here as there may be the off chance that someone at a company needs a replacement and will hit this thread via google...
  15. S

Seems like since covid manufacturers will use any excuse to jack up prices because they know the market will 'just take it'. I've personally seen used hard drive prices seem to drop on the various places I look, with the lowest now being $3-4/TB vs $6/TB. Sucks that ssds are moving the...
  16. S

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Do you ever get down to SFO or the Peninsula? Would be interested in quite a few things like the servers, Asus, and the switches.
  17. S

HP 640sfp28 aka Mellanox4 Lx MCX4121A-ACAT $29

And here I was thinking dual 10Gb cards were the sweet spot. How well do these work with DACs?
  18. S

EXPIRED Neat GPS clock SFP module - $20

Yeah, this is pretty wild. I had no idea these were even a thing.
  19. S

EXPIRED FS brand SFP+ to RJ45 10GB transceiver - $27

Buying 4x at the sale price is like getting one for free over the regular price. ;)
  20. S

EXPIRED FS brand SFP+ to RJ45 10GB transceiver - $27

24+17hrs left on the sale and then they go back up to $30. 7 sold and 10+ available as of this post. 5 7 sold in last 24hrs.