Search results

1. S

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

Check this out: BIOS update of a Wyse 5060 Thin Client (N07D)
  2. S

(US) Ebay: 400GB SAS HUSMR3240ASS204 HGST 2.5" Server HDD SSD

A lot cables on amazon and other places are fakes/defectives/etc. If startech makes one, I'd get one from them, and if that doesn't work, then it's something with the hba or it not liking such cables. SATA isn't SAS and they both work differently so one working doesn't indicate anything for...
  3. S

(US) Ebay: 400GB SAS HUSMR3240ASS204 HGST 2.5" Server HDD SSD

Without digging into what the exact cable is, my first hunch is that the amazon cable is the problem.
  4. S

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

Ah that makes sense. Thank you for sharing the important detail. :) I can do the rest of the research on my own.
  5. S

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

Interesting--what type of penalty and how? Yep, was a scam from day one imo. The real deal requires real dough. ;) It gets even better when you drop down below 8TB too as this deal was $2/TB: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/4tb-hgst-sas-hard-drives-8.43592/
  6. S

EXPIRED WD DC HC520 12TB $75

Links?
  7. S

[SOLD][FS][US-WA-98031] 4x Western Digital 6TB Red NAS 3.5" HDD - WD60EFZX

That's really great! $12.83/TB which is what a lot of new drives are running when on sale. :)
  8. S

4TB HGST SAS Hard Drives - $8

It always gets there at some point, but before that point there's a long time where it's just 'garbage', 'trash', etc. Who knew people cared about the C64 as much as I did? Or my Legos? Or my Hot Wheels? Or my GI Joes? Or my Air Jordans? Sometimes it just seems that if you just hold onto...
  9. S

I don't think there's much in terms of vintage/collector status for lga771 based servers, so I think that particular case is just simply so much less supply since it was all destroyed/trashed.
  10. S

More than just that too as excessive supply or not enough is a huge driver for price changes. Case in point is FBDIMMs for older servers. There was a point in time where you could get as many of these as you wanted for practically free. Now, because supply is far less, prices have steadily...
  11. S

Pretty good find since even at the $10+shipping price for one, it still runs under $6/TB for me.
  12. S

(SOLD) WTS or WTT SSD DRIVES

I would see if you can get a refund via other means--credit card, etc--as these are not normal seagate drives as per this reddit thread:
  13. S

[WTB] Intel A2U8X25S3PHS 8 x 2.5" Drive cage.

That's true. This was before the whole U.2 thing, so that doesn't surprise me. Still can't believe how much even they are--prices on this stuff has really jumped.
  14. S

I think it was this part number: CSE-M28SAB | Mobile Racks | Accessories | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
  15. S

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

An appropriate response would be to cut the price in half and give you a refund as well as any others that reach out with the same poh. Very clean refurbs otherwise that if they're at $3/TB would be still a great deal. :)
  16. S

I knew I should have bought the supermicro version of these when I found them cheap. I didn't need them so I didn't get them.
  17. S

Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

Nice upgrade! Congrats!
  18. S

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

Per TB, they are a deal. TCO, ymmv. I have power included at my office so it doesn't matter to me. 130 sold as of this post and still showing 10+ available.