Search results

1. C

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Gonna try this on four 7702Ps in a AS Rock Rack 4 Node. My as rock rack has bios level overclock, has anyone done this at the bios level and not using zenstates?
  2. C

40KW - 50 KW rack designs. Can you actually cool it?

Thanks Blinky. We use TAS and they have done a great job for us building out the space. We are evaluating using free cooling. I am trying to get away from chilled water. I hear what you are saying about N+1 and if that is how we go that would be a necessity. The more and more I get into HPC, I...
  3. C

Probably not. We are cheap and I try to get 208 dropped before the meter, that way I dont have to pay for the losses. The new raritan PDUs are thin so you can get 4 in a rack. We dont run redundancy. Dont see the point; Ill take the down time vs paying $1000kw/hr for the 1 day we actually use it.
  4. C

Pretty much any modern 1U or 2U GPU node running flat out will pull over 1kw per U.
  5. C

Patrick we are running something similar. Any contact would be appreciated or really I just need to know what their upper limit on their cold aisle is.
  6. C

I should also specify we have liquid cooled (rear door) racks at the moment but would like to do this as on all air if possible.
  7. C

Currently evaluating 40kw and 50kw rack designs. I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience or thermal data they could share. We always see reviews of 1U or 2U being evaluated but looking at deploying 500kw in 10 racks or so, and want to know that we can actually keep this thing...
  8. C

Gigabyte 190/290 - GPU slot width

I dont know if any one has one of these, but evaluating a rack with 1U/4GPU or 2U/8GPU designs and need to know if you can put GPUs in their with a side mount power connector. I think it is going to be a tight squeeze. If anyone has deployed side mount powered GPUs in either type of...