Search results

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes, I confirm they are running with no alarm whatsoever
  2. K

@fohdeesha - took me nearly 18mths to piece together power supplies and fans to a barebone ICX7750-48C... Question, did you manage to mod the fans? they are pretty damn loud - louder than icx6610. Thanks in advance
  3. K

6 port Intel i350 PCIe Card $46.99 and less for qty

I'm getting these high density nics for its SR-IOV capability - you can have up to 6 physical interfaces for each VM. Great for testing network appliances.
  4. K

Thanks Patrick - couldn't agree more - I invested on two nic. the nearly limitless SR-IOV assignments makes these nics a gem for homelabs!
  5. K

how reliable are these Silicom variant vs quad ports dell OEMs?
  6. K

I'll try using the RPS9 power supply for broacade net-iron - the connector appears to be the same but can't seems to find affordable fans refurbished or new anywhere... I was hoping the 6610 fans would work but not they don't
  7. K

Does anyone have a working icx7750? I snag one on ebay but it doesn't come with fans or power supply so I'm on the hunt for these parts. About the power supply - the part number is RPS9+E (rear exhaust) or RPS9+I (side-port) Will the RPS9 Net Iron power supply works the same? Also, compared...
  8. K

out of interest is it possible to flash newer firmware on ICX6610? I'm so into ICX now that i'm bought a number of R710 APs running in unleashed mode. ICX 08.0.90 or later firmware is required to manage the switch though the Ruckus unleashed interface.
  9. K

Mini sas cable for Dell perc H730p

Greetings All, I'm floored by the number of parts numbers that seems to work with Dell mini perc H730p. Does these part number all refers to the same cable? prices range seems to range varies widely depending which PN I go with JCJNY F037K F7P5J 5W93G 1N2WK 4CJCM F7P5J N7HT1 XPMRF Thanks...
  10. K

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

I'm wondering if it is possible to flash mini H730p to IT mode as well? Or I have to live with non-raid mode for pass-through
  11. K

Connecting quad-port Supermicro NVMe HBA to IcyDock mobile rack NVMe backplane?

Hey, I'm interested to know if you manage to get this working? Q: I'm connecting my Oculink PCIe switch add-in card to the MB699VP-B via miniSAS HD (SFF-8643) interface, but the U.2 drives did not show up in my system. A: The issue is caused by card manufacturers using a different pinout for...
  12. K

Hi fohdeesha, I read the FAQ like 10 times. Sound to me you can generate and supply the licence files for these switches free of charge to sth members? Wow!
  13. K

Many thanks for the prompt reply - do you think I should go with ICX 6610-48 or ICX 6610-48P? I'm unsure if I should get rid of my PoE+ 24-port midspan. ICX 6610-48 non-POE version does have slightly higher MTBF and lower power consumption - I suppose this is a plus
  14. K

Hey guys, I was about to make up my mind to get a ICX6610 off ebay until I saw admins ranting about high ICX failure rate to the extent they are switching out vendors. Now, are these switches on ebay prone to failure? or is that there is specific hardware revisions or firmware that I should...
  15. K

Intel VROC on Dell R7910

Thanks Guys, I was hoping to use the hyper card on RAID 0 for ESXi datastore - looks like this will not be possible
  16. K

Intel VROC on Dell R7910

Hi Patrick, Thank you for your input but E5-2650Lv4 is Broadwell-based Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Enterprise RAID Solution Do you mean Intel VROC Premium VROCPREMMODRAID hardware key works for both Broadwell Xeon V4 and Skylake Xeons scalable platforms? Also, Hynix PE3110 is...
  17. K

Intel VROC on Dell R7910

Greetings, I'm acquired a refurbished Dell R7910 with one socket E5-2650Lv4 and 128GB ram Does anyone know if it is possible to do VROC NVMe raid 0 with 4 x SK Hynix PE3110 on asus hyper m.2 x16 card? Any input is most appreciated! Thanks in advance
  18. K

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

also has anyone seen this Asrock ultra quad m.2 - very similar to Asus Hyper m.2 x16 with additional features - 6pins pcie power connector and shorter PCIe traces Can't find it anywhere though...
  19. K

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Awesome!! Thanks for the info!
  20. K

Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Hey! How did everyone go with this? I was thinking it should just work with any mainboard that support PCIe bifurcation I'm planning to get the Asus hyper M.2 X16 card over Dell Ultra-Speed Drive Quad NVMe for Dell R7910 https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Ultra-Speed-Drive-Quad-Adapter/dp/B0714MMD6M