Search results

1. madLyfe

X9SCL-F ipmi not registering console input

my X9SCL-F isnt registering console input from ipmiview or the android app. i get the video feed just fine but any mouse movement or keyboard input doesnt register and the system sends out 5 short beeps. i also cant use the virtual keyboard. i can get input working with the text console when its...
  2. madLyfe

WTB: HP Z440 motherboard and heatsink/fan combo

looking for a working HP Z440 motherboard with a matching heatsink and fan to accompany it.
  3. madLyfe

desktop upgrade to workstation - advice needed

ive been using this i5 haswell with 16gb ram since 2013 and im looking for advice on what kind of older and used hardware i can cheaply cobble together as a replacement. my current setup and use is running 3 monitors off my RX470 GPU, heavy browser use with tons of tabs/youtube/PWAs, dev...
  4. madLyfe

FS: (3) Supermicro H8DGU-(F) Servers w/o Chassis

i have two H8DGU and one H8DGU-F servers with dual Opteron 6276 CPUs. the H8DGU-F has the 1U version heatsinks and the H8DGUs have 2Us. 2GB DDR3 ECC(1GB sticks) per CPU. PSUs are included. each has fans if wanted. looking for $175 shipped/each OBO. can work something out for the lot. i have 4...
  5. madLyfe

what to do with these WD Raptors(10k RPM SATA) from back in the day?

i have these four 36GB WD 10k Raptors from back in the day and im not sure of what to use them for? are they only good for their magnets nowadays? are they sellable?
  6. madLyfe

[WTB] USED <= 500GB SSD

im looking to move my win 10 install to something a bit larger than my samsung 830 120gb ssd and then put nix on the sammy to dual boot. i know you get get 250gb drives new on amazon for ~$50 but maybe i can pick up a used one cheaply.
  7. madLyfe

WD 4TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBWLG0040HBK-NESN $79

WD 4TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBWLG0040HBK-NESN
  8. madLyfe

Western Digital My Book wdbaaf5000ebk-00

my buddy has a Western Digital My Book. when he plugs it in he has to unlock it(?) and then another drive shows up. is there a way to just convert it to a plain external HD, like a normal thumb drive, w/o all of the other WD stuffs? i know ppl here shuck these types of things but i have never...
  9. madLyfe

FS: Super Micro Opteron CPU(XMR) Miners

i have 3 H8DGUs and 1 H8DGU-F mobos with Opteron 6276 CPUs. using them to get over 1KH/s on average using xmr-stak-cpu. i have purchased the stock heatsinks for these boards for nice cooling. the H8DGU-F has the 1U version heatsinks and the H8DGUs have 2Us. looking for $1200 shipped...
  10. madLyfe

WTB: PC3L-8500E or PC3L-10600E in 1gb sticks.

looking to pick up a few 1gb sticks of either PC3L-8500E or PC3L-10600E if someone has some laying around. im looking for max of 8 sticks.
  11. madLyfe

are HP Blade heatsinks(CPU1 & CPU2) interchangeable?

on a BL465c G7 the heatsinks have their own PNs and was wondering if they were designed differently or what? can i use a CPU1 specific heatsink on the CPU2 socket?
  12. madLyfe

BL465C G7 - out of chassis ethernet?

not sure if this is the correct forum for this but for those of you who know about the BL465C G7, what would be the best way to go about getting it ethernet outside of a c7000/c3000 chassis?
  13. madLyfe

using a Supermicro PWS-563-1H(24 pin) PSU on a 20 pin board(H8DGU)?

i have a Supermicro H8DGU mobo that is 20 pins. i also have a Supermicro PWS-563-1H PSU that is 24 pins. i was told that it would work to power this board by just plugging it in and not using the extra 4 pins. i cant get the green onboard power light also doesnt come on like my other...
  14. madLyfe

WTB: G34 heatsinks

looking for cheap heatsinks/fans for G34 SM boards. im guessing these should be SM compatible? not 100% sure on that.
  15. madLyfe

(SOLD): Poweredge C8220 Motherboard (TDN55)

i just ordered two of these mobos from ebay and got them in the mail. i was going to build a couple of these up for a project based around this DIY thread: Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions in the middle of shipping i decided that i was going to go the opteron route so im looking to sell...