Search results

1. B

8TB & 10TB HGST Ultrastar SAS Drives ($85/$125)

I emailed the store, and they said shipment was delayed due to the fact it was an international order, so they had to wait for the payment to clear before the disks were sent.
  2. B

8TB & 10TB HGST Ultrastar SAS Drives ($85/$125)

I bought some, but seller still hasn't shipped the drives, 5 days later. Anyone else got theirs shipped?
  3. B

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

Been trying to get this seller to add a shipping option to Norway, but no answer yet.
  4. B

ES Xeon Discussion

Has anyone with ES CPU's dared to update their BIOS with Spectre fix? Does anyone have an idea if this would work fine with an ES cpu? I've got a Supermicro X10SRL-F and an e5-2650 v3 ES QEYN, and wondering if I should update with the latest BIOS containing new microcode from Intel.
  5. B

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

Scrub is going along nicely aswell: capacity operations bandwidth pool alloc free read write read write -------------------------------------- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- test...
  6. B

I've put a small power supply from an old Shuttle PC in the 5,25" bay. Shorted the pwr_on to ground, and removed unnecessary cabling. Reason I cut the thing in half is I don't have room for a full depth server, I only have some rackspace with about 19" of depth. I've been testing some with...
  7. B

I bought a STEF4000400 disk. Contained ST4000LM024, the newer 4TB disk with SMR, MTC etc. The chassis arrived: Chop chop:
  8. B

Would appreciate it if you post your findings Casper :) I've also come across some of those, pretty cheap.
  9. B

ES Xeon Discussion

I run ESXI on my Supermicro X10SRL-F and an E5 2650 V3 QEYN proc. I ran into problems with the host freezing every week or so. After I disabled C6 states in BIOS, it has been stable as a rock for several months. I do not see any more power consumption or heat generated from this change either...
  10. B

Yeah I know about the datasheets, but was curious if the shucked disk was somehow different from the drives that arent. I tried crystal disk info, it does not report cache size like it does with my other disks.
  11. B

I'm awaiting delivery of a SM CSE-219A-R920UB chassis, gonna be loading it with the 5TB ST5000LM000. So far bought only 1 drive for testing. I shucked it from externals. Haven't found any commands that will report the actual cache size on the disk. Does anyone have a freebsd command to print...
  12. B

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi! Long time lurker speaking.. I've been running an QEYN (E5-2650v3 ES on ebay) with the Supermicro X10SRL-F motherboard for a couple of months. Its running ESXi, with devices in passthrough. Have had trouble with the server freezing alot lately. I've tried different versions of ESXi (currently...