Search results

1. cesmith9999

HP T620/T620 Plus IOMMU Support (maybe?)

Which OS? there are BIOS settings to enable VD-d. those have to be turned on first. Then there are steps to install/configure IOMMU on your OS. there are pleanty of youtube videos describing how to set this up. Chris
  2. cesmith9999

STH YouTube HALF MILLION Subscribers Crazy Times

Congratulations Chris
  3. cesmith9999

Storage Spaces sucks, how can I free my disks and get rid of it??????

No, that is how it has always been. You put the disks in a pool, then you carve out your virtural disks with whatever raid level you want. It has been that way since day 1. Chris
  4. cesmith9999

Extremely slow DHCP leases

STP is a switch feature. Chris
  5. cesmith9999

CWWK Pentium Gold 8505 Soft Router Review

Interesting Processor. 1 Performance core and 4 Efficient cores. 6 total threads. 2 memory channels 20 PCIe Lanes roughly twice the performance - so about the same speed as the N305 Can we ask CWWK to make a NAS variant that has 6 native SATA ports? and not have the PCIe slot use the same...
  6. cesmith9999

AIC J4078-02-04X 78-bay JBOD Review

The comment about the big issue is weight. With 78 drives the weight is 150 lbs with just the drives. The chassis should be about 100+ lbs. In one of the labs I used to run, we could only load the racks half way due the building (lack of) structure. Chris.
  7. cesmith9999

How to Change Proxmox VE Primary NIC When a New Interface is Installed

Thanks, I am about to swap mb. This article was very timely. Chris
  8. cesmith9999

Tempting storage rack :-)

Want, yes. Power no, this would eat up my 125 Amp service to my house. Chris
  9. cesmith9999

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

At least cooling will not be a problem. Chris
  10. cesmith9999

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Cwwk.net It is there Chris
  11. cesmith9999

Powerline AV Take 2 NexusLink G.hn Wave 2 2000 Powerline Attempt

That definitely looks like it has much better results. Just remember that powerline is basically wifi over your power lines. I.e. it is not a duplex setup. Chris
  12. cesmith9999

NVIDIA Goes Ethernet for AI and Copies SuperNIC for BlueField-3 Brand

@Patrick the last sentence seems incomplete. Chris
  13. cesmith9999

Over a Decade Later Powerline Networking Still Sucks

There is a reason that I have Cat5 running down my hallways... I started with Powerline. it worked... and for the occasional times that I needed to work from home... Then mesh networking started... that was much faster... but still had jitter issues.. When work from home started. I had to...
  14. cesmith9999

Supermicro BIOS & IPMI Listing (including older versions)

@BlueFox do you do this with a script? if so, do you mind sharing? Chris
  15. cesmith9999

pfSense box NIC question.

There are cable modems that have 2.5gb on the lan side. I usually turn off the FW from the modem to use my own. If I had one of these connections, I would want 2.5gb at least. There are some WAN connection that are greater than 1gb already Speeds are going up. that is certain. If I was to...
  16. cesmith9999

Setting up Active Directory - woes and considerations

Setting up AD is easy. having a good OU/domain design is the art form... Chris
  17. cesmith9999

Intel N305 with 48GB of ddr5 ram?

https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2023/09/beelink-eq12-pro-cheap-home-server-with-8-cores-and-32-gb-ram/ There is a post here in the comments that it works with a n100... I am interested in an answer too... Chris
  18. cesmith9999

Setting up Active Directory - woes and considerations

I have seen worse... whole 2-3 day outages company wide due to bad GPO Chris
  19. cesmith9999

Looking for Win Server 2012 R2 NVMe Samsung driver

I am not certain it exists Chris
  20. cesmith9999

Running server off portable solar panels?

also look into the PicoPSU so that you can draw DC to the server instead of DC -> AC -> DC conversion. that will save a lot of power in the conversion. and the real question is how big is the server? something like my setup would take ~1000W for 24h utilization. something smaller (like TTM)...