Search results

1. Nugget

Hollow Oak Ranch: New HomeLab Design/Deployment in progress

Earlier this year I bought some rural property that will become my home closer towards the end of the year. I'm upgrading from a small city center townhome on a postage stamp lot to a 35 acre ranch in the country with three different buildings I will be wiring up with networking, servers, and...
  2. Nugget

*SOLD*: (2) Ruckus R710 and (1) Ruckus T300 (outdoor) access points

I have two Ruckus R710 access points and a single T300 (outdoor) access point for sale. I'm the original owner and have been running them happily in my home for the past three years paired with a ZD1200 controller appliance. My ZD1200 died and I've decided to downgrade to UniFI as a...
  3. Nugget

256GB on Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF

I'm hoping to stuff 256GB (4x64GB) onto a Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF (it's a FreeNAS Mini XL+) but I'm not having much Luck. This is a supported config according to the manual, but Supermicro doesn't supply any certified part numbers for this config (or even a 128gb config of 32gb sticks). I bought...
  4. Nugget

macOS High Sierra App and iCloud caching service

With the release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra Apple have made a big change to their App and iCloud content caching services. This used to be part of the add-on macOS Server package, but with 10.13 they've moved the caching service into the regular desktop macOS operating system. This means that...
  5. Nugget

Active closet ventilation installation

I was inspired by a post by @matt_garman in the Closet ventilation thread thread from several years back. It motivated me to finally install some exhaust ventilation for my server closet so that I can run with the closet door closed. (You can click the photos below to view them in higher...
  6. Nugget

FS: Cisco SG300-28MP with fan mod

Cisco SG300-28MP 28-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Switch (SG300-28MP-K9 V01): $600 + shipping cost. I'm out of open ports and looking to move to a 48 port equivalent. I replaced the three stock fans with Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX fans, which means that it's almost completely silent running now but it's...