Search results

1. A

SAS expander negotiating 1.5 Gb/s on some SATA drives 3 Gb/s on others

I just now thought of doing a parallel dd read on all the drives and it's very close to just 6Gbit total. That sounds way too low even for a SAS1 backplane, sounds like I have a bottleneck somewhere that I need to remove frist.
  2. A

Fair enough, it's probably not worth it to me to upgrade the chasis was dirt cheap so I guess I will just blame the SAS1 Expander. I was just wondering why the WD drives seem to work fine :)
  3. A

I have a SC846E26-R1200B chasis with a SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 controller. lsscsi is showing the expander as LSILOGIC SASX36 A.1. I noticed some of the drives (well I noticed the patter that it's just non WD ones) report only getting a 1.5 Gb/s SATA link. Any ideas? for m in...
  4. A

GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 REV 1.1 with Epyc Rome / Milan

Man... So I can just choose which generation of cpu I want supported and flash only that one? No soldering required?
  5. A

I have a programmer handy so nice. But how did you flash the rev2 bios onto the smaller chip? Isn't the rom file 32Mb?
  6. A

Hey you are right. For that one I was counting on the .bin file in the spi_upd folder which I suspect are those two just, well stacked behind each other. Didn't check tho.
  7. A

I have a GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 rev 1.1 and I figure the only diffrence between the revisions of the board is the size of the SOP8 flash for the bigger BIOS. I bought some MX25L25645 flash chips to replace the original one and just... flash the revision 2 or 3 BIOS onto it to make Rome or even Milan...