Search results

1. L

Could a power outage damage my motherboard or case?

I believe I may have had a power outage the other day and ever since then my Supermicro motherboard and case have been acting strange. On this machine I am running unRAID and when I got home the other evening all the drives attached to the SAS connector (flashed to IT mode) on my SM motherboard...
  2. L

POST and BIOS show different value for installed RAM

Hi, Just built a new system with a Supermicro X8DTE-F motherboard, but the RAM is showing up strangely. In the BIOS it shows only 32GB installed, but on the POST screen it shows 64GB (the correct figure). It's 4 sticks of registered ECC on the approved SM list (MEM-DR316L-HL02-ER10) and...
  3. L

VM Storage - SAS, SATA or SSD?

I'm in the process of moving my VM's to a new server so have the opportunity to setup the storage optimally. Currently I have 7-8 VM's running off of 3 SATA drives in RAID5 - I'm aware this is not optimal for IO performance. One of the VM's might write up to 20-30GB a day, but the rest...
  4. L

Areca 1882 RAID5 Volume Issue - Help

Hi, I installed the trial version of HDSentinel on my Windows 2012 server earlier and it appears to have borked one of my Raidsets/Volumes on my Areca 1882IX-12 (FW: V1.51). 11 out of 16 drives dropped from the card after the software was started with Device Removed/Device Failed/Time Out...