Search results

1. V

M.2 Expansion via PCI-E Adapter in E300-8D

Hi Larry, Thanks for posting that. It was very helpful. It seems that you have a 3d fan in your E300. Have you noticed any problems with not using the Amfeltec Fan that comes with the Carrier board that supports 4 Modules? Also, can you confirm that you are using the Amfeltec without the...
  2. V

M.2 Expansion via PCI-E Adapter in E300-8D

Hi, I have a Supermicro E300-8D system and I just found out that I can install multiple M.2 PCI-E SSDs via the PCI-E to M.2 Adapter cards. I am specifically looking at the Amfeltec card that can support 2 modules. Since I have 2 x PCI-E x 8 slots on the E300-8D I could go with the model that...
  3. V

Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 SSD in Supermicro E300-8D

Ok :-) I assumed when they say PRO on a HD it meant it was a Enterprise/DC. I guess that is not the case. Could you please advise if a 1.8'' SSD would fit on a E300-8D? I have been looking @ SSDs and it seems there are 1.8'' and 2.5'' SSDs. I thought that SSDs were only 2.5'' and I am not...
  4. V

Ok thx. Just curious to understand why you mentioned the Samsung 845PRO but not the 850PRO. Isn't that supposed to be better then the 845? Tx
  5. V

Evan, thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes, I plan to have quite a few VMs on this system and I assume that based on that you recommend the enterprise SSDs. Here's what I have been able to find so far that seems affordable to me Intel: Intel DC S3700 800GB,Internal,2.5" (SSDSC2BA800G3)...
  6. V

Hi, just wondering if someone can confirm if the Crucial MX300 1TB drive will work in the Supermicro E300-8D super server and if that is a good option for these servers? Q2: I did a quick search on the forum and it seems folks are using the NVMe type drives which I am guessing are faster but it...