Search results

1. M

Arista DCS-7050QX-32S, 4-SFP+ ports - can't configure

Excellent! Now working. Here's the command I used: hardware port-group 1 select Et1-4 A little different than the QA examples. Here are the options on my switch, version 4.16.6: localhost(config)#hardware port-group 1 select ? Et1-4 Activate ports Et1-4 Et5/1-4 Activate ports Et5/1-4
  2. M

Arista DCS-7050QX-32S, 4-SFP+ ports - can't configure

I have an Arista DCS-7050QX-32S and the four SFP+ ports are nowhere to be found under the configuration or when I go to the bash prompt and type 'ip a' (it would seem the driver module(s) aren't loaded). There's no mention of them in the manual. How does one configure the SFP+ ports?
  3. M

Quick note on booting NVMe on Supermicro Skylake Systems

Did you boot the Ubuntu CD in UEFI mode? My understanding is that if you don't, it will install GRUB in legacy mode. I've had issues getting Supermicro boards to automatically recognize the EFI partitions. When that doesn't work, I have to manually enter a boot option.
  4. M

smartctl -a /dev/nmve0 on Intel SSD OEM Dell/HP/Oracle?

Excellent, thanks! Lot's of reads for sure.
  5. M

So this is an Intel OEM sdd, such as an HP/Dell/Oracle?
  6. M

Wait a minute, but you said, "No smart info." In another thread. 1.6TB Intel DC P3605 (P3600) - $800
  7. M

So smartctl (smartmontools) doesn't work but nvme (nvme-cli) does, this is confirmed on these OEM drives?
  8. M

Intel 750 SSD and Supermicro X9DRH-7TF

I had the same problem on a X10DRH-CT, unlike two other SM boards where EFI booting works perfectly and as expected. Keep in mind, NVME doesn't have to boot in UEFI mode. That seems to be a board limitation like yours and mine. Two of my other SM boards support booting NVME in Legacy mode no...
  9. M

I've searched the forums on whether or not you can get smart info from these drives. The answer seems to be no. But is that only under Windows using Intel's SSD toolbox? I'm guessing it should work under Linux. If not, how the heck can one determine the health of these things?