Search results

1. S

Cobalt RaQ retrofit project

So if you're interested in seeing some more of this RaQ hardware with some late 90s trivia, check out my youtube video doing a quick demo of these two RaQ units:
  2. S

Awesome, thanks for the ideas and feedback everyone. Glad to hear others are interested. I'll be updating this thread over the next few weeks.
  3. S

The ribbon cable is for the front PCB which runs LEDs (7x including the "C" logo one) + the LCD + 6 button controls. I'll pull the PCB out this weekend to dig into it further. Funny thing related to airflow - on a rackmount server you would expect to see air inlet on the front of device, but...
  4. S

I recently became the new owner of two Cobalt RaQ 3 servers. These are neat boxes, and I briefly used some back in the day when hosting websites was a new thing. The RaQ was a website hosting server appliance - custom hardware bundled with Cobalt's modified RedHat Linux and web UI. It was...
  5. S

PSA / FIX: SuperMicro "no iKVM64 in java.library.path"

Thanks for posting, here's how to quickly do this on Ubuntu: 1. sudo apt-get install libxtst6:i386 2. download java8 jdk-8u333-linux-i586.tar.gz from https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase8u211-later-archive-downloads.html 3. tar xvfz jdk-8* 4. jdk1.8.0_333/bin/javaws...
  6. S

IBM G8000 & G8124 switch Cable Kit

Attaching this here if it helps anyone!
  7. S

Dell C6220 with 4 nodes $630+shipping

The PowerEdge C series was targeted to HPC and hyperscale market [source]. The C series servers were not available for purchase by "normal" users. The hyperscale market does not care about individual server reliability, the most important factors are price, power efficiency and density...
  8. S

Chinese backdoors on Supermicro

I saw this really interesting article about Chinese backdoor chips implanted on some Supermicro motherboards: Bloomberg - Are you a robot? If anyone comes across technical details for how this worked, what to look for, that would be neat to see and discuss.
  9. S

Supermicro X9DAi: reboot loop (OH)/Fan Fail LED

Just in case someone else lands on this thread from a google search - I had a X9DRW system that was stuck in reboot loop. This supermicro KB entry was the answer: FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc. After removing jumper on JPB1, system booted normally. I was...
  10. S

IBM G8000 & G8124 switch Cable Kit

I've made this cable before, not very hard.. if you want to send me $20/each I can make some more.
  11. S

WTB Dell C6200 LSI 2008 mezzanine card

I am looking for a few Dell LSI2008 SAS mez cards, ideally with the cables.
  12. S

E5-2670 V1 rackmount build

try searching for LGA2011 including in description
  13. S

Xsigo 24-port Infiniband switch

photos: http://imgur.com/a/6Ybja
  14. S

Xsigo 24-port Infiniband switch

Xsigo model: F-X430083 DDR Infiniband 24x ports (CX4 connector) 2x AC power inputs (100-240 volt) it looks like there is also 1x ethernet management port has scratches, but is working fine. Not sure what these are selling for, will take $400 OBO
  15. S

Dell C2100 FS12-Ty

I'll be attending for the first time in 2016
  16. S

FS: C6100 parts (Drive trays + IB)

Infiniband mez cards have been spoken for as well.
  17. S

The drive trays have been spoken for
  18. S

3x dual-port Infiniband mezz cards for C6100. I believe these are 10G speed. All 3 for $60 9x 3.5" drive trays, Dell part number 8TV68, take all 9 for $25
  19. S

Dell PowerEdge C6220 12 Bay CTO/BareBones - $750.00each (Group/Bulk Order!)

Yes, I was surprised also since all SuperMicro LGA2011 motherboards seem to work with v1 and v2 (w/ correct BIOS). No, I only updated one of the nodes. I googled around but couldn't find anything to suggest that the C6220 should work with v2 CPU, I Guess that is why they made the C6220 II...
  20. S

Dell PowerEdge C6220 12 Bay CTO/BareBones - $750.00each (Group/Bulk Order!)

I thought the same thing.. but after applying the BIOS 2.5.3 to a C6220 board, it was not able to POST with a v2 CPU, unfortunately. I would love to be wrong about this, but it appears there is a reason that they came out with the updated C6220 II hardware.