Search results

1. S

Mellanox ConnectX-3 2-Port MCX354A-FCBT (56Gb IB / 40GbE) $150

The eBay seller isn't taking $150 anymore. I BO'd 4 @ $150 each, and they countered with $200 each.
  2. S

Shell shocker: e5-2403 thinkserver

The extra 3.5" cage is $99 through Lenovo and ships UPS from China.. I received mine yesterday and it installs in under 5 minutes. Lenovo part number for the kit is 4XF0G45888. Comes with cage w/ backplane. SAS cable, power cable, power splitter board and a screw. I didn't need to use the...
  3. S

WTB:Cheap 4 x 2TB or 1TB hdd's SATA

2TB Seagate Constellation ES.3's (Lenovo badged) new in box on eBay are $85 + shipping. New Lenovo ThinkServer 2TB 3 5" 7 2K SAS Hot Swap Hard Drive HDD P N 0C19531 888228032269 | eBay I know the picture shows Toshiba but I just bought 10 last week and they were all Seagate. Unfortunately...
  4. S

Dell C6100 Mezzanine 10GbE Cards

I was ready to get one of these until I saw the cost of CPU's. :(
  5. S

Dell C6100 and Windows Server 2012 no RDMA

Check to see which port the subnet manager is bound. I thought it would only bind to 1 port, and I am not sure which port is the "first" port.
  6. S

Dell C6100 and Windows Server 2012 no RDMA

You need a subnet manager running if you are running not using a managed switch. EDIT: I didn't see your picture originally, but now I see it. I believe that you need to run a subnet manager on the other node(s). I thought the subnet manager would only bind to a single port on the dual...
  7. S

WTB: For Dell C6100 midplane 47X9Y, Power Supply 1400W, nodes

I'll sell you a 4 node C6100 barebone system for $275 + actual shipping charges. No CPU, RAM or HDD's but has 12 of the 3 1/2" HDD fillers which can easily be converted to HDD caddies by removing the plastic tray inside of it. There are 2 heatsinks on each node. Some I think some of them have...
  8. S

Cactus' For Sale

Just a followup to the quest for LSI low profile brackets. I order a few of these to see how the would work. I believe the dimensions are correct for the card. Low profile cards with dual external mini-SAS connectors ($1.62 @ Mouser): Cat No 9231-1 For Low Profile Use Low profile...
  9. S

Cactus' For Sale

I *think* that LSI will give you brackets for free, just pay for the shipping. I called their support, and they person I spoke with said to e-mail them what I was looking for. I received a reply a few days later asking to either issue a call tag for pickup or give them my shipper account...
  10. S

Phoenix Area - Dell C6100 4 node barebones $300 ea.

I've got 5 extra systems that I am looking to sell. If anyone is in the Phoenix area, I have 5 four node Dell C6100's w/o CPU's, RAM or HDD's. These are the 3 1/2" drive models. Includes heatsinks, rails, single power supply, and 12 drive fillers, which can be converted to usable drive...
  11. S

QFSP to SQFP QDR Infiniband 100m Fiber $45 or less + Shipping

I thought for sure it was listed as 100M when I originally saw it, but now I see it's 30M. I must have been really tired when I posted this. Still probably longer than anyone needs, but indeed a great deal. I wonder how hard it is to cut these down to size?
  12. S

STH Build a Server for Charity Program v1

If this is somehow tax deductible, I would gladly donate a barebones 4 node C6100 (no CPU, RAM or HDD's), but does include a single power supply, and heatsinks. Just cover the shipping which might be about $50.
  13. S

QFSP to SQFP QDR Infiniband 100m Fiber $45 or less + Shipping

Looks like a great deal on 100m fiber QSFP to QSFP. IBM Tyco 30M Optical QDR Infiniband 4x10 QSFP Cable TE Acoo 2123272 2 49Y0494 | eBay $44.95 BIN + $9.50 shipping. $1 shipping for each additional cable. They accepted an offer of $40.
  14. S

Taming the C6100

Any idea what the part number is for those empty sleds on the 2 node model?
  15. S

Intel Xeon L5520 for sub $30!

Not quite sure yet. I am a database admin/application developer by trade, and trying to see how I can leverage these for some projects I am working on crunching data. Also, they're inexpensive for what they are, so I know they will come in handy down the road. I bought 3 Dell MD1000's on the...
  16. S

Dell C6100 - Mellanox QDR VPI Daughtercard JR3P1 $130/ea

I see the guy that's selling the C6100 QDR cards dropped them down to $116.98. Dell Mellanox QDR VPI 2 Port 40GB s Daughter Card for Dell PowerEdge C6100 JR3P1 | eBay
  17. S

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I picked up a bunch of copper cable off ebay for a good price, but didn't need the long lengths that I bought (but they were far cheaper than buying 2m copper cables), so for me, the only difference is how much cable is laying all over the place. I have a 5m fiber cable (QSFP to CX4) which...
  18. S

Dell C6100 items for sale / Infiniband networking gear

Sorry for the late response. OpenSM is the subnet manager for an infiniband network. It's used when you don't have a managed switch. I cannot speak intelligently as to whether it's L2 or L3 switching. I've used it to verify that the switches work, and everything checks out. What's also...
  19. S

Intel Xeon L5520 for sub $30!

10 systems/4 nodes each.