Search results

1. E

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

The latest I have is 4.25.1F if you want that. I have 2x 7050QX-32S switches running 4.25.1F 64-bit. Great call. I run two of these and find the noise to be quite reasonable. But then again, I also run a Dell MX7000 chassis in the rack.
  2. E

Affordable Shared Graphic Card for an ESXi (Home Server) installation?

https:// discord (dot) com/channels/829786927829745685/854216256869498930/1067924792193318963 https:// archive (dot) biggerthanshit (dot) com for drivers and such. - Credentials: https:// discord (dot) com/channels/829786927829745685/829786927829745688/1117224961275342930
  3. E

Check out the discord link I put in a previous reply. They have more details there.
  4. E

Yeah, M10 isn't supported in vSphere 8 so I went with the Tesla P40 since performance for the price, supportibility, having up to 24 vGPUs, and only being $140 or so on the second-hand market, made it a great option for me. I'll get mine installed on Monday and try the GPU unlocking workaround...
  5. E

I found that the GPU Unlocking Discord has figured out a way to run your own licensing server for Nvidia grid GPUs. They've added info on using it with Proxmox, ESXi, XenServer, and others. I have a P40 coming in next week and will be tinkering with that.
  6. E

[WTB][US-TN] Nvidia Tesla P40 GPU

I'm specifically looking for the P40. I've seen these go for $130-150 on ebay lately and can pay Paypal. I also have some RAM, SSDs, HDDs, Barracuda appliances, networking gear (Cisco switches and routers), and other odds and ends available for trade.
  7. E

I'm glad you started this thread as I'm currently looking to get back into VDI with Horizon on my vSphere 8 environment at home and I'm in a similar spot. I'm gonna have to look into the 2080 Ti mod you mentioned. Thanks for sharing that. EDIT: I found the vgpu unlock workaround you mentioned...
  8. E

COMPLETE - WTB [US-TN] - 12x 1.92TB (or larger) SAS SSDs

I'm looking to buy 12x 1.92TB (or larger) SAS (my SAN can't use SATA) SSDs. I currently have 12x Samsung MZ7LH1T9 PM883 SATA SSDs in my TrueNAS VM NAS that I really like and would be looking at getting something similar to those, just in SAS. Please let me know what you have and at what price...
  9. E

[FS][US-TN] - Equipment hoarder needs to unload. SSDs, RAM, Servers, Networking, UPS, Storage, and more.

I just put up a big listing on r/homelabsales and wanted to put it here as well. Come buy my stuff and make me a reasonable offer if my pricing isn't reasonable enough. I believe I already have things priced to move. Pics: and (from previous listing) Payments Accepted: PayPal only, but...
  10. E

2x Arista 7050QX-32S switches in MLAG - Packet loss

Thanks. I found a large repo, but this was the latest. Sending a PM!
  11. E

I've read over that section several times and missed the mlag ID being applied to the port-channels... I kept seeing that section as applying them to the interfaces, which didn't work. Applying them to the po's fixed it. Just gotta take my ADHD meds every day... I'm aware and I ran that...
  12. E

show spanning-tree detail: MST0 is executing the mstp Spanning Tree protocol Bridge Identifier has priority 32768, sysid 0, address 021c.7398.e10b Configured hello time 2.000, max age 20, forward delay 15, transmit hold-count 6 We are the root of the spanning tree Port 3 (Ethernet3)...
  13. E

I've got 2x Arista 7050QX-32S switches with an MLAG configured between them. When both switches are online, I'm getting packet loss across most all devices on my network. However, when I reboot a switch, in the time it's down and the other is up, packet loss is nonexistent. I'm not a network...
  14. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Finally able to circle back on this. Doing just that, the command is invalid. 'ip' is valid, but the 'address' command is not.
  15. E

[W] [US-TN] Dell MD3620F or comparable SFF SAN

All the more reason to brush up. :D We use the protocol for production storage at work and I need to sharpen my skills. I know I could use a Linux box for it. I thought about getting an R740XD or a C240-M5 and doing just that. Or maybe I'll get one of those to run TrueNAS for iSCSI (what I use...
  16. E

Thanks, and I'm aware. I have 24x 1.6TB and 9x 1.92TB disks coming in from a decom that are compatible with those arrays.
  17. E

FC in the lab is more so because I manage the tech for work and need some more exposure to it, but I also have a Dell MX7000 in my lab, so I'm ok with overkill. I suppose if I wanted to, I could roll ESOS, but would rather not use hardware RAID unless it has GUI management like a more...
  18. E

I'm looking for a Dell MD3620F or comparable 24x 2.5" SFF fiber channel SAN for my lab. Ideally something with dual controllers but can live nicely in a 2U form factor with the ability to add additional disk shelves. The MD3620Fs will pop up from time to time on ebay for $800, so looking to...
  19. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Well TIL... I had no idea there was a difference in that firmware I don't recall seeing anything in the Fohdeesha docs about that. I have pfsense handling routing, nothing doing that/ACLs on the Brocade. I'll offload some layer 3 to the Aristas once I get those up. I'm gonna get my laptop...