Search results

1. T

Advice on HP SL165Z G7 minimal system build needed

1) Yeah, I got the same problem with bad legs of socket. Was able to fix it with needle and microscope. 2) It differs hugely from motherboard to motherboard. Some are very easy, some are not.
  2. T

Advice on HP SL165Z G7 minimal system build needed

1) It's front panel pinout is not that simple. It's not like binding two pins together to make it start. There is a PCB for a front panel and I guess it's more complicated then just simple wiring. Maybe some I2C communication or something similar. I tried to replicate the behavior or just find...
  3. T

Mezzanine and Backplane Connectors

order one from ali express. It's like 10-15 USD there with free shipping.
  4. T

Yeah, but it's an old known method. in those DIP switches you just turn off iLO in order to be able to start it without chassis. Here we are discussing the way to leave the iLO ON in order to be able to manage it remotely. This is my main scope of interest. If this is impossible then this whole...
  5. T

I don't thing that it is having only this - at least it has also a connection to onboard administration module and likely something else. As you can see from my pinout file that I measure there is a lot of unpopulated connections, but still a lot of used connections. Also I believe that...
  6. T

Sorry, have not seen the reply's. No, I even don't have mexx card) Yes, but that will take up precious PCI-e lanes :) I still think that wiring up external HP Cisco switch will be the perfect way to go. That's pretty sad as I have only G7 board and planning using only it :( Yeah, I said...
  7. T

Coool! You updated iLO i see... good. Hm, from where are you? Poland? I see that your local time now is around 1 am)
  8. T

OMG! Really? I thought it was not possible without pleasuring demanding iLO with many different OK signals. Yeah. you better take off the lid and blow directly on CPU's - your current set-up for sure will not do the job for a long time. But why it won't on? that's strange... and how about...
  9. T

Also if it could be beneficial or provide some insights I have made comprehensive electrical testing of it's mighty 100 pin connector in relation to the common GND - i.e. resistance, capacitance and diode test. Here in table are the results. if cell is empty - then there was "nothing" . While...
  10. T

It's a server) you just can't kill it :) If I recall correctly I tried to calculate all possible combinations and came to conclusion that there is indeed SerDes in there - they are connecting to switches and by 4 wires only. And it's Gigabit connection which is not possible with 4 wires - only...
  11. T

You could made it simpler by connecting directly to back connector. I made found with multimeter that iLO network is directly wired to connector. Here is the pins: A 10 - iLO Rx- B 10 - iLO Rx+ A 9 - iLO Tx- B 9 - iLO Tx+ Pin naming as per follows: But I have not powered it yet. Not even...
  12. T

Hi there. Sorry, but you know, just as with a lot of such a projects, I had to put it on hold for now. Had many other urgent business. I had blade on hand along with a midplane and Cisco switch, tied it all together once, tried to figure out pinout, but abandoned it quite fast. I'm still on...
  13. T

That's cool! Thanks for your work. So could you share all that knowledge with us here?
  14. T

Sorry but I don't have OA module, that's why actually I'd like to imitate it :) Oh, that sucks. I always keep spare solder wire.
  15. T

Wow! That approach is quite awesome! Can you share all the source code or file which you are reverse engineering? I have some experience with micro-controllers and my brother is a programmer. Together I hope we can do something about it...
  16. T

Oh, thank you very much! Looks like OA is a big boss there... Nothing will be done without it. But if it will not work even without fans I doubt I will benefit from acquiring OA module alone. I still will need fans and maybe something else. Basically full enclosure without enclosure :) The basic...
  17. T

thanks for the info on Mezz to MXM - I've definitely think it's possible but the main thing here is to have above-mentioned mezz to MXM plate. One could potentially try to do it even without it, i think it's possible. But The question is how to differentiate rx\tx pair numbers? And one more...
  18. T

Thanks, I have seen it many times before. While there is a lot of info yet there is no exact pinout and any additional info on this case.
  19. T

Awesome! Thanks. Ordered one Cisco switch to play with. Eagerly waiting :) Especially interested if it will boot without onboard administrator module. As far as I see it now, it should be the root of all the evill :) I expect blade's onboard iLO to be functional as it likely acts as a one side...
  20. T

Wow, that came unexpectedly. Will look more on it. The link was somehow broken, but I found a way to extrract this document. Thanks, will be reading it. Well, it all is just my assumptions based on what I've seen on the internet. My blade is in the mail yet somewhere beyond the sea. But what I...