Search results

1. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

It's a bug that was never fixed when u pass certain TDP. Can't recall what the max is but I'll try when I get home. I think it's 350w or 400. Maybe 300. Ever since i set it to 3.8 and under locked i never hit the TDP wall. I use hwinfo64 and when it passes a certain TDP I get like millions of...
  2. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

You are free to use their rads. Because of the flaw, they were designed to be easily serviceable. But try them as is first with some good fans and you will have enough considering the TDP hard limit on these chips.
  3. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

You will find it hard to justify a custom loop when u see how well the enermax tr4 performs. Matter of fact it was the go to aio for the new Intel Xeon Ws which use much more TDP than our EPYC chips. Either that cooler or or liquid nitrogen. I got mine for 65usd. Prices dropped.
  4. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Ok cooling is a very important factor. IM running the revised version of the enermax tr4 II cooler. my only limitation is wattage. I managed to get my CPU at 4GHz but depending on the app or benchmark it would cut off system at the wattage limit mark on the EPYCD8-2T board and also on the HP...
  5. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Yes I can. Do u have discord? Or maybe you can look at my older comments where I posted a screenshot of my settings. U can PM me your discord and when I'm home I can reach out to u if u don't get through with my settings.
  6. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

3Ghz seems low for that chip. Conidering 3.0Ghz is its turbo at stock, and looking at your score, I dont quite think its overclocked. You should reach 3.7 or even 3.8 with a 32 core or at worst 3.5Ghz at this point. earlier days the clock were lower. Windows 11 has been around for ages and Im...
  7. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Sorry for the delay. COOLING Is most important: For cooling I used the the Enermax TR4 cooler everyone is afraid of. Der8auer still uses that cooler for air OC on large chips like Sapphire Rapids 56 core Xeon W. Problem is these had manufacturer issues. You must buy the revised version if you...
  8. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I simply use zenstates. This board had a major issue with BMC so it was down for a while until I got help from a member here on how to reprogram it with a cheap tool. So far, with my OC, not being able to run higher clocked ram isn't a drawback. With the 7351 I have 2 OC settings. Very low...
  9. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

That's sad. I wish I had a menu to OC or change ram speed or timings. Or a way to set that in windows at least. Bought the EPYCD8-2T for the dual 10G among other things but I have some ram with B-Die i used to run at 3200 cl14 on aa TR-Pro build. upgraded that system at work but at home i use a...
  10. E

Intel S2600CP dual GPU passthrough issue

Also. Do you have the latest version of the BIOS? Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  11. E

Blue Slot closest to the bottom of the motherboard is CPU1. Blue Slot closest to the ram is CPU2. Any device which requires more than a certain wattage and is not listed as certified for the 2600 series motherboard will not enumerate. So it "is" a power issue in a sense that the motherboard...
  12. E

Are you using the 3gb model 1060 then? Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  13. E

Set mapped to size to auto and try again. Let me know what happens. Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  14. E

Ubove 4G setting turned on or off? Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  15. E

Guys. It just won't work as it would. It just won't work without a Powered cable. Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  16. E

Will a Xeon 4XXX processor work in a dual or single slot board?

Most times you can. You can use them in a single socket board as well. Sometimes the BIOS may not have microcode required. Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  17. E

Also not all dual socket motherboards will work with E5 4xxx. Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  18. E

You aren't too clear in your explanation. Do u mean quad Socket or quad core? And are u talking about e5 4xxx series? Or scalable 4000 series? Intel ark shows scalable silver 4000 series as dual socket at most and e5 4xxx series work in both quad Socket and dual socket. You can figure out by...
  19. E

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/s2600cp2j-and-full-size-graphic-cards.11020/&share_tid=11020&share_fid=66904&share_type=t Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  20. E

I replied to another thread with a fix for this. You cannot resolve this issue in the BIOS. You NEED to buy a Powered 16x to 16x pcie extension / riser. The one I use has a female molex for power. Plug that into the blue slot at the top closest to the processors and the device will work...