Search results

1. nickscott18

Low Voltage DC power distribution in home labs

Been putting a bit of thought into this lately, and was wondering what other people do about low voltage distribution in their home labs. Reason I ask is at the moment, I've 6 wallwarts (4x 12v, 4x USB) in my lab, and a larger 12V power supply supplying power for the IP cameras, and I figure...
  2. nickscott18

Homelab refresh

So - after moving to a new (to us) house, I figured it was a good time to have a bit of a re-jig of my home lab. Mostly software changes this time round, but also moved to a new main work station. A lot smaller than most people here run, but very functional for me, and decent power...
  3. nickscott18

Blade systems at home

Does anyone on here have any experience in using Blade systems at home? On my local auction site, have just seen HP PROLIANT c3000 Blade Enclosure | Trade Me - which for NZ is a very good price (and where it's located, it should go for close to reserve - - AKA $200NZD). Everything in my head...
  4. nickscott18

Trying out Proxmox VE in a home lab

I've finally decided to try something other than VMWare ESXI (encouraged along by a drive failure) in my home lab, and figured Proxmox seemed like a pretty decent candidate - supports containers and VM's (ideal for my mix of Windows and Linux VM's at the moment), seems to be quite flexible in...
  5. nickscott18

Forum traffic query

Been browsing the forums for a while (more lurking than posting), and the posts per day appear to have increased over the last few months. @Patrick - you wouldn't happen to have any rough stats about this would you (that could be shared - understand if they cant be).
  6. nickscott18

Interesting PfSense platform

Browsing through my news feed today and saw this - the board in there looks pretty interesting Seems like a fairly ideal system for using with pfsense in home / small office scenarios - providing it is reliable, and compatible enough. $200usd for a complete box, with a pair of gigabit network...
  7. nickscott18

New home server build

Hi, long time lurker here, first time poster. I've been running an based server for a few years, and am now looking at upgrading it, and am just wanting some input on part choices - as I have not built a new machine for a few years now. Last server was a D525 atom based server, with 4GB ram...