Search results

1. N

Best options for upgrade of an Oracle Solaris NAS

I am a Unix/Linux novice. I've picked up a little over the years as I've learned how to set up my firewall and NAS. I've been using an Oracle Solaris/Napp-it AIO NAS for as long as I can remember. I currently have 3 local copies of data (about 8.5TB each) on two different machines, and 2...
  2. N

Direction for pfSense with ICX6610 and Unifi - how to DHCP and DNS

I few weeks ago I got an ICX6610 and with fodeesha's guide set up my network as follows: ISP - All in One ESXi server - ICX6610 (via two 40GBe connections) - Unifi APs The ESXi server runs a firewall (now ClearOS, but I tried pfsense), Ubuntu, Solaris for file server. My issue is this, when I...
  3. N

Vlan persistence in Solaris 11.3

This is a bit off the subject as it's really a Solaris question. I'm running a few ESXi - Solaris - napp-it boxes. I just set up vlans on my networks and they work perfectly. The trouble is, I can't seem to get the vlans to be persistent across reboots. I've tried making...
  4. N

Help with my M1215 flash

I tried flashing an M1215 to the IT mode following: How to flash a LSI SAS 3008 HBA (e.g. IBM M1215) to IT mode I find I had to go back and forth between a dos drive and a uefi drive to get anywhere. I was ultimately able to prepare the card and erase the image (steps sas3flash.efi -f...
  5. N

Cross-flashed Dell H310s only allow SATA at 3.0GBPS, not 6.0

SOLVED - CABLES were bad I crossed flashed a few Dell H310s to the IT mode for use in my new solaris ZFS system in a Supermicro 846 with an X9 SM board using the following link: Updated: SAS HBA crossflashing or flashing to IT mode, Dell Perc H200 and H310 I am testing the first card and...
  6. N

A silly Firewall question - home automation

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I'll give it a try. I'm about to remodel my home and as part of the remodel, we are putting in all the smart house stuff you can think of - lighting, alarm, sound, shades, video cams, wifi... I usually do this work myself, but the...
  7. N

Flashing LSI 9305 24i to IT mode

I'm new to the forum, so if this has been covered, apologies. I'm considering an LSI 9305 24i. Some questions: Do I flash to IT for ZFS with this card, or is it ok out of the box? If I want to flash it to the IT mode, are there multiple places I need to add images? Is it like 3 9300 8i's or...