Search results

1. T

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

just thought id add my setup for anyone searchng for this. working fine in pfsense 2 x gbit lagg connection loadbalanced connected in modem mode to hub4 port 1+2 no issues so far.
  2. T

does anyone have startech 12U quite server cabinet?

You can pickup second hand cx mini for next to nothing. I got a cx mini in the uk for £100 + £22 van rental and £2o fuel to collect it, and looks almost brand new.
  3. T

SC846 in a Netshelter CX Mini?

Thanks I'll look in to those rails
  4. T

Got my netshelter cx mini today, there is plenty of room to fit the 846 chassis but the oem rails won't fit. So I'm either going to use universal rails or make some kind of spacer and use the oem rails.
  5. T

Can anyone confirm that the supermicro sc846 fits ok in the cx mini? I'm looking to get a cx mini.
  6. T

A1SAi-2750f DC power

I should of checked with Supermicro first, found the answer. You don't need the DC-ATX PWR Board. The A1SAi and A1SRi Series motherboard alternatively supports a 4-pin 12V DC input power supply for embedded applications.
  7. T

A1SAi-2750f DC power

does the Supermicro A1SAI-275f require a power board to make use of the 4pin Dc input,or can I just plug the 4pin DC cable straight in to the board? I'm planning on useing the Supermicro sc101i itx case.
  8. T

50+TB NAS Build, vSphere Cluster and Network Overhaul

that server looks very familiar ;) small world lol
  9. T

Eaton 5px ups

I have nut running fine on freenas setup as the master with a USB connection. My pfsense boxes run nut as slave connecting to nut on freenas. Works flawlessly.
  10. T

Eaton 5px ups

Well I installed a Eaton 5px 3000 and one ebm in my rack, combined they use approx 25watts an hour. That's when the batteries are fully charged with a 25% load. Which I think is pretty good compared to the APC 2200 I used to have. I also have the network card which is pretty good and I'd say...
  11. T

Interesting SuperMicro 4-node server

i have a couple of these in my rack, if you need any info give me a shout.
  12. T

Eaton 5px ups

Is anyone using an eaton 5px ups? Can you tell me what the power draw is like under no load with full batteries? I currently have an apc 2200 which has broke and I'm looking to replace it with something more energy efficient. My apc draws around 120 watts under no load with full batteries, which...
  13. T

Replacing Backplane in Supermicro SC846TQ

Nothing is needed the backplanes fit within the same metal frame.
  14. T

Replacing Backplane in Supermicro SC846TQ

Yes mate its possible. Ive upgraded my 846's. Any 846 backplane will fit as far as im aware.
  15. T

Swedish Sushi NAS, need expert chef advice!

Im going to be useing a E3-1230 v3 ive not been able to source one yet in the uk but im hoping to order one in the next few days.
  16. T

Swedish Sushi NAS, need expert chef advice!

I would also recommend the supermicro boards. Just a thought though the x10 boards are starting to appear so maybe wait for the a x10 board as they are pretty much the same price. I have a x10slh -f on order and should be here next week. Its no big deal but its always nice to have the latest...
  17. T

recommend me a low power cpu for x8sil -f

just thought id update this a little. I ended up using a supermicro X9SCM-F with a Intel Core i3 3220T, after a quick test the system idles at around 36 watts with a dual port ethernet pci-e card and a 2.5" 500gb wd black drive. this was tested using an old corsair power supply i had lying...
  18. T

recommend me a low power cpu for x8sil -f

Could someone recommend me the the most power efficient cpu for a supermicro x8sil-f motherboard. Performance isnt an issue purely power efficiency. This system will be running pfsense only. The l3426 and l3406 are out of my price range, unless anyone knows a good deal. How does the celeron...
  19. T

Intel Xeon L5520 for sub $30!

Can recommend the second link for people buying from the uk. Used him twice one of my packages made it through customs vat free the other didnt. But even with vat these are still cheap for uk buyers.
  20. T

Looking for an internal fan controller

Ive turned one of my supermicro sc846 cases in to a jbod enclosure, i have the fans connected to the sas backplane but there is no way to adjust the fan speed, so they are on full power and noisy all the time. So can anyone recommend an internal fan controller that supports at least 5 x 4 pin fans?