Search results

1. A

EXPIRED Swissbit M.2 SATA possible good deal ? 240GB 4 units $128

Was looking for a decent boot M.2 SATA and found some Swissbit (made in Germany!) on eBay. I found some 480GB units but posting about other 240GB units by same seller. Lists as MLC and touts high endurance and lots of industrial sounding specs. Probably a good deal for a durable boot drive...
  2. A

Consumer SATA SSD - ADATA SU800 1Tb $139 / 500Gb $80

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/adata/product/ASU800SS-1TT-C/?scid=af_linkshare&PublisherName=Slickdeals+LLC&ranMID=36342&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-CwvhyY3UKmO3cc5dwmJhXw&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-CwvhyY3UKmO3cc5dwmJhXw ADATA SU800 1Tb SSD $139 with discount code AD23 ADATA SU800 500Gb...
  3. A

3D print your own replacement Supermicro slimline CD/DVD slot to USB adapter!

This is my first 3D printer design and first time learning about 3D printing in general. I though I would share what may be useable by anyone with a dummy slimline CD/DVD bay cover on most 1U Supermicro servers, maybe on other larger servers if they use the same dummy faceplate. I wanted to...
  4. A

WTB: couple 4GB DDR4 ECC UDIMMs

I’m putting together parts for a new PfSense box and was looking for a basic amount of RAM for the system which will have a Supermicro motherboard that supports ECC and an Intel i3 7th generation processor (not sure exact one yet but probably i3-7230). My old box is an at least decade-old...
  5. A

Card recommendation with 24 internal SAS/SATA ports for ESXi and FreeNAS

Currently I'm running three Dell H310 cards (IT mode) running the 24 individual ports in my Supermicro 24-bay server. I'm basically out of expansion slots, partly because of this. Plan was to experiment with adding a graphics card to pass through to the Win10 VM running Plex Media Server for...
  6. A

STEC ZeusRAM 8GB

STEC ZEUSRAM "Zeus RAM" 8GB Z4RZF3D-8UC SSD "RAM Drive" | eBay Pretty sure I don’t need this and maybe NVMe tech makes this less important, but I picked up one of these for my freeNAS box to use as ZIL/SLOG. It was listed at $399 used and I offered $300, which was accepted just now. Seems...
  7. A

Trouble with booting Intel S2600CP4 with Samsung RAM from HK

So, I bought the motherboard off of eBay and it seems to work with some Dell branded memory that I picked up real cheap, 2x4 GB sticks. I picked them up to hold me over until the 8X 16 GB sticks arrived rom Hong Kong. The eBay seller has excellent reviews, so I took a chance I guess. Said...
  8. A

Intel RES2SV240 SAS Expanders for sale $60 shipped

Intel RES2SV240 24-port SAS Expander - $60 each shipped in continental USA only, PayPal only I have two of these new unused in boxes. They come with the original SAS cables and both low profile and full height brackets. I bought them a couple years ago but never ended up using them. Now I am...
  9. A

Intel Xeon E5-2680v2

Intel Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8GHz 10-Core LGA2011 Processor SR1A6 | eBay I scored what I thought was a pretty solid deal for a v2 E5 on eBay from this seller. He has 4 more available. I needed 2 for an Intel S2600CP4 update to my ancient AMD file server. Now I will be able to play around with...
  10. A

New member Q

I’m new but have been lurking for about a month or so take it easy on me... I just bought an Intel S2600CP4 with the hopes of replacing the aging dual AMD 2419 processors and motherboard in my 4U Supermicro FreeNAS server. The current hardware is inadequate (12 cores is inadequate!) for decent...