Search results

1. A

HGST Ultrastar He8 HUH728080AL5200 8TB 7200rpm SAS3 $55 or less

too bad they are SAS, I need SATA :(
  2. A

[WTB] - Unifi USW-Flex-3

Looking to buy 3 or 4 USW-Flex-3 5port PoE switches. not looking to get gauged, as I can (if I have to) wait for availability from Ubiquity
  3. A

EU [WTB] 19" Rackmount USB Hub >= 10 port

I went with an Industrial USB 3 Hub\switch and mounted it to the side wall of my enclosure! It's nice as it was powered so I didn't need to worry about limited power, 10 ports added to the single host, if you want immediate access to the USP ports, I pulled 5 to the front of my rack and used a...
  4. A

FS [US-FL]: UniFi Gear (APs, Switches)

Interested in the Switch, if you are shipping! US-16-150W $275 PM sent!!!
  5. A

to NAS or not to NAS

Thanks, I read through the links and there is some solid information there... how are your drives holding up? in retrospect would you do anything differently?
  6. A

to NAS or not to NAS

I'm currently running a FreeNAS system (specs below) with about 40TB usable space, I'm looking to shutdown my lab and reduce my foot print, I have been out of the market for a while and not real sure what the offerings are these days. I'm looking for a NAS that can handle around 30 to 40 TB...
  7. A

18TB Enterprise HDD $424.99

424.99 for Manufacture re-certified with a 1 year warranty or 25$ more for new, with 5 year warranty.... has Seagate's quality come back, or they still some of the worse drives out there
  8. A

Lab upgrade?

It's that time for me, I'm looking to upgrade my lab...this will be kind of a downgrade for me at this point! Currently running 3 SuperMicro x9dri-ln4f+ in a CSE-815, each with 256G of Ram and 2x E-2630 xeon processors. I am running a 10G network on HP NC523SFP DUAL PORT 10Gb and a Ubiquiti...
  9. A

hyperV Guests Slow as a 486

I run a pretty extensive lab for work related endeavors, but generally as of late the VMs have come to a screech halt... below are my specs, let me know what you what consider looking into... Storage FreeNas 11.3-U4.1 Running on a SuperMicro x9DR3-F with 2 intel E52620 Xeons and 128G of DDR3...
  10. A

Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG 10G ?

Does anyone have any advice on these?, I am considering a purchase but have no experience with ubiquiti. I'll being use this with HP SPF+ Dual port Nics and Fiberstore SPF+ modules for ESXi and HyperV hosts
  11. A

WD 10TB external $160

I wish these were network!
  12. A

[SOLD] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX354A 40/56Gb Dual Port -- $15/ea shipped

I havn't been able to get 10G Mellanox cards to work in my server 2016 servers, anyone else have them or the 40G cards working?
  13. A

WTB $40 worth of bitcoin

I don't mean to sound crass, but why not just buy it from one of the exchanges? this is where I would buy cryptos. Coinbase.com if you buy 100$ worth of crypto using Coinbase – Buy & Sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more with trust we will both get 10$. coinbase is decent, but there are fees...
  14. A

10G Myricom Network Adapter and Server 2016

HAs anyone been able to load the Myricom drivers (1.14) into the x64 Server 2016? I donwloaded the drivers from CSPI ( https://www.cspi.com/ethernet-products/support/downloads/) but the system never acknowledges the card... Any thoughts?
  15. A

Seagate 5TB 2.5" external drive - 95$ [costco]

I assume you are shucking these? are they SSD?
  16. A

BRAND NEW HGST 4TB SAS HUS726040ALS214 for under $70 ($55 for qty >= 10)

Yeah, Scott finely responded to my email and I have returned the 5 bad drives... unfortunately they have no others in stock so I got a refund. all my other drives that tested as good, have finely been formatted and are now in use in FreeNAS, for me the trick was the sg_format: sg_format...
  17. A

Supermicro SC823MTQ-R700UB 2U Chassis & X10DRW-i for 299 OBO +FS

"The Server Store", "Met Parts" are definitely related, I buy from the server store a lot and all o my invoices are from Met Parts. That said, I have never been disappointed with the company, my servers are always what I ordered, working, and they work with me on prices and configuration...