Search results

1. C

Migrating from one brand of APs to another

I don't use the laptop enough to worry about whether it's 6 or 7. I just don't want to reconfigure everything. I haven't even gotten that far. I'm literally just trying to migrate my laptop before I move to everything else. Also, I don't have the same SSID active on both brands at once...
  2. C

I'm pretty sure I'm in the WPA config hell section of things. I had the Ubiquiti APs originally set to WPA2/WPA3 but I was able to switch them over to just WPA2. But I keep getting error code 2 prev auth not valid when I try to connect. I originally had WPA2/WPA3 mixed configured on both APs...
  3. C

Has anyone had good luck migrating from one brand of AP to another without having to reconfigure every single device? I'm currently using Ubuiti APs but I'm trying out Engenius. I've tried matching the settings between them but even though the SSID and passphrase is the same I can't get...
  4. C

IPv4 vs IPv6 connection quality

The only IPv6 traffic happening right now is DNS queries and pings. With as bad as the connection is, I didn't bother setting anything up other than adding the IPv6 versions of my IPv4 DNS servers. The packet loss, high latency and jitter that I'm seeing on IPv6 are all mapped via pings to my...
  5. C

That was my assumption. I'm just not sure why they would be different when running across the same hardware and connection.
  6. C

Has anyone noticed a big difference between the quality of their IPv4 connection and the IPv6 one? I enabled dpinger for both my IPv4 and IPv6 gateways. The IPv4 is consistently good but the IPv6 is having nothing but problems. Consistent packet loss, high latency, and huge swings in latency...
  7. C

N54L Fan Replacement

From what I've read, their PWM setup is odd. I wish there was an easy way to view the PWM signal that it's outputting. I've ordered an NA-FC1 to do some experimentation with. Not sure if I'll just leave it in there or if I'll use it to find a good fan setup.
  8. C

N54L Fan Replacement

Did you set the NF-A12 using PWM or some other sort of speed control? Interesting that you found it quieter, as I don't have any issues with the other N54L I have that has stock fans. That fan looks good, but my concern is that it's to produce the weird harmonics as well. Unfortunately it's...
  9. C

N54L Fan Replacement

Reading through the SPCR page, I think the poster is off on their 35% PWM estimate. The only fan I have that worked with PWM runs at 500 rpm at 20% and under. It's also the one that sometimes works and only for a little while which leads me to agree that the cutoff is probably 500 rpm. This...
  10. C

N54L Fan Replacement

Doh! I should have thought of that, especially after having someone use it to get the HP BIOS. I used one of the listed 16G kits that works with the OEM BIOS. Are you using the NF-A12 with PWM? What fan speeds are you seeing? How does it sound? The fans I tried that weren't too loud ended...
  11. C

N54L Fan Replacement

I have an N54L that needs a new fan. Unfortunately, the link I find referenced everywhere doesn't work anymore. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1193-page7.html From what I've been able to piece together, any 120mm fan should work as long as it stays above 300 rpm. That appears to rule...
  12. C

XCP-NG change everything to other NIC

I have a MinisForum HM90 that has a 1G NIC and a 2.5G NIC. The 1G NIC is automatically recognized and I can do everything just fine with it. However, I'm trying to set up XCP-NG to use the 2.5G NIC instead. The drivers aren't installed by default, but I've been able to get them added and the...
  13. C

Alternatives to the Supermicro SuperChassis 743TQ-903B-SQ?

Apologies if this comes off blunt, but today was a hell of a day. Neither of the options I mentioned in my first post use redundant power supplies or expanders. Admittedly, I didn't specify what kind of motherboard and processors, but considering that they're already quiet, I think I'm good on...
  14. C

That's what the 743TQ-903B-SQ is. It has the SM quiet fans and the SM quiet PSU. Both of the cases I listed are rack mount solutions. The 743TQ-903B-SQ isn't the greatest solution as it only comes with 8 bays and you need the adapter cage to get another 5 3.5" bays. That adds to the cost...
  15. C

I guess I should have bolded the quiet part. The size isn't the problem. It's the noise.
  16. C

I'm building out a new NAS and trying to determine what case to use. My current NAS is in an older version of the 743 and I've been happy with it, but it's not the best solution and prices have gone up quite a bit. I'm looking for something that's quiet and supports 12 or more hot swap bays...
  17. C

Ubuntu Computer not seeing keyboard once it goes to sleep

Another interesting thing I noticed about this machine. I only have the keyboard and mouse plugged in but the BIOS says there are 3 keyboards and 2 mice connected when I boot it up. Any ideas why?
  18. C

Okay, I ran lsusb and this is the result. Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 005 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver Bus 005 Device 002: ID 24f0:0105 Metadot Das Keyboard 4 Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus...
  19. C

I've tried changing all of the power setting options in the BIOS I can find and none seem to make a difference. I forgot to run lsusb but dmesg doesn't show anything when I change the keyboard plug but does show when I insert a different keyboard. What's weird is that I never had this issue...
  20. C

This is a really weird situation that I can't seem to find happening to anyone else. I'll see if I can explain it. I built a Ryzen 3600 machine back when they first came out and everything worked great except for my USB DAC. For some reason upon resuming from sleep the machine just wouldn't...