Search results

1. S

EU WTB: 24 x 16 GB DDR4 ECC REG

Hey, sorry but I'm not interested to purchasing a lower quantity than requested. GL though! :)
  2. S

EU WTB: 24 x 16 GB DDR4 ECC REG

Hi, I'm looking to purchase 24 pc 16GB DDR4-2133Mhz ECC RDIMM's (2rx4) for a lab environment. Hook me up with some good offers and quick delivery! :)
  3. S

EU FS: HGST 4U60G2 60 disk storage enclosures (JBOD)

I'd like to see some pictures of your enclosures. Tempting! :-)
  4. S

Gaming VM in ESXi 6.5 - Windows+GPU choice?

"learn how to build/maintain an enterprise environment properly and combine it with private needs" It's a homelab right?
  5. S

You're right! Call me stupid, but it's more a matter of principle I guess. ;-) It's hard to tread down the path of trying to learn how to build/maintain an enterprise environment properly and combine it with private needs, haha.
  6. S

Yeah, I get your point and I'm thinking about setting up a Hyper-V lab too - but I'm not really fond of running it from a W10 (and invert the whole idea of running a hypervisor) just to be able to play games on it. :-) Ok, cool! I'll definately try that out in a week when I've moved in to my...
  7. S

EU Supermicro 4 Node Server 6027TR-HTQRF Quad node LGA 2011 @ 720€

Cool! I'd be up for some modding to keep noise levels down and SM (IPMI conf) is fairly easy to configure on that part afaik. But I guess heat levels could get critical quite fast as it's a very compact system? And the PSU should be quite loud by itself.. I'd really like a setup like this to...
  8. S

EU Supermicro 4 Node Server 6027TR-HTQRF Quad node LGA 2011 @ 720€

Any idea of how loud this beast would be? I'm thinking that it might not be very suitable for a home lab :-)
  9. S

If you have a look at this HCL: Intel® Processor Support for Microsoft Windows® 10 V3+ only as it seems. But that's good to know that you're running it successfully as a VM. I've only tried WS2016 so far :-) AMD GPU's aren't feature-locked, but nVidia GPUs are feature locked, as they want to...
  10. S

@MiniKnight Yeah, I get your point. But what I'm planning on doing is to sell my actual gaming rig and replace it with my existing vSphere setup as I have quite a lot of unused power in that machine. Also, according to Microsoft minimum req, my 2x E5-2670 v1 isn't supported by W10 (needs to be...
  11. S

Hi, I've really grown fond of the idea of hosting my gaming rig as a VM with passthrough of GPU/USB Controller etc. I'm really just wondering a few more before starting to try it out: Are there's any resource of a successful passthrough of an nVidia GeForce-series GPU? As Windows 10 have a...
  12. S

EU FF: Supermicro and other 2u shippers - Empty Boxes, not Servers

@rand_ oh darn. I misread the whole thing :(
  13. S

EU Socket 1050 - 5 Brand Servers - Unopened boxes

I'd like to know prices as well :-)
  14. S

EU FF: Supermicro and other 2u shippers - Empty Boxes, not Servers

Hi, I'm just about to setup a rack and would probably need to move my servers from consumer chassis to real server chassis. I'd probably be interested in 1x 2U and 1x 4U or 2x 4U :-) Can you let me know if you have any left and shipping cost to Sweden? Would of course appreciate pic's as well...
  15. S

DIY WS2016/Storage Spaces Box (NVMe -> SSD -> Spinners)

Yes, as I thought then. Thanks! The S3500's will probably be enough until I can get my hands on a 2nd host since I'm used to a zraid2 with spinners only right now :) EDIT: any thoughts regarding parity or mirrored in storage spaces? I've read alot of complaining on performance in parity, but...
  16. S

DIY WS2016/Storage Spaces Box (NVMe -> SSD -> Spinners)

Hi, first post here :) I'm about to build a dedicated storage box at home, where I plan to run WS2016 w/ Storage Spaces as I've grown tired of FreeNAS because of my growing interest in Windows env. For this build I've planned to use the following components: - BitFenix Phenom M (mATX version...