Search results

1. C

Solarflare s7120 - How to check Temperature via CLI

Hello everyone! A little background -- I have a Solarflare s7120 - dual SFP+ card installed in my r730xd dell server. The server fans were running 100% speed all the time due to some idrac settings when PCI cards were instaled. I found the solution to disable that here How do I stop Dell R730xd...
  2. C

Delta Networks ET-DT7024 24 port 10G sfp+ - FASTPATH Restore help needed

You can probably just add a note - saying that if the .stk extension is not showing up, type it in manually. With that one change, TaraTerm works fine.
  3. C

Wanted to report back for others benefit. I have been able to successfully flash the Delta switch to Dell 8024f. I have done basic testing, got the web interface working, and setup basic vlan, and was able to obtain IP addresses. Its not done yet, but I did run into one small issue - where I...
  4. C

I was just re-reading the brokeaid page. I noticed you did mention that the limitation is on transceivers but not on DAC cables. Since I have no other choice, I will flash to Dell firmware!!! thanks for the great work done on the brokeaid site!!
  5. C

Hello everyone! I am by no means an expert at this, which is why I purchased the Delta Networks ET-DT7024 24 port 10G sfp+ switch for home lab. It booted fine into FASTPATH, but I wanted to remove all prior config and like a naive new-bee, I chose the "7 - Erase Permanent Storage"... I know...
  6. C

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Hello all, I have an LB6M thats working great. However I have a new requirement, I need to block traffic within VLAN - for example if my VLAN 100 has IP range = 10.10.10.0/24, none of the IP within that should be able to communicate with each other (looking at multi-tenant environment). Is...
  7. C

OK, did a "Clear config", which wiped all settings. Reconfigured the switch. Still cannot ping servers on same VLAN. My setup is below. After clear config, in the Quanta switch, my running-config is below. Super Simple - just want to be able to ping between 2 servers across switch...
  8. C

They do provide remote hands. However I have never used that for actual configuration changes - mostly been for power cycling etc. I will give this a try...
  9. C

I only have 1 LB6M, so cannot replicate this. However, I pulled the cord on the LB6m to power off completely, and then let it come back up.. It did not fix my issues. This is really frustrating... I have been facing this issue for over 2 weeks now and cannot make this thing work. If I do a...
  10. C

I restarted the switch ("reload" command), it did not fix anything for me. My issue currently is that the VLAN traffic is not passing across to switch before this one. I can ping gateway on the VLAN, but cannot ping any servers from the switch or anything else connected to it. I want to start...
  11. C

Forgot to day this --- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE XCP-ng... I just downloaded the iso and will be experimenting with it ASAP... I know one enhancement on 7.3 (Xenserver) was that we can have management network on a tagged VLAN. Hopefully that would solve some of my issues by not having to set...
  12. C

Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into the Brocade flash -- as well as the XCP-ng -- did not realize that was already available after the 7.2 version changes that happened in XenServer licensing. However, neither is an immediate solution.. So let me ask this - if on the Quanta I run...
  13. C

Hello Everyone... I have been using the LB6M for some time now, its mounted in the data center. Recently I changed some configuration settings, but that caused some unexpected issues on network side. I tried to undo them, but it seems any changes I make seems to break something unintended. My...
  14. C

Dell H330 with RES3TV360 - not working

That was it! I disabled the directpdmapping and it’s working as expected!!!
  15. C

Dell H330 with RES3TV360 - not working

Hello, I am building a storage server which has 24 drive capacity @ 12gbps (SAS3) (Athena Power RM-4U4243HE12 12Gb/s 4U Hot-Swap 24-Bay E-ATX Rackmount Server Chassis w/ 12 Gbps Mini-SAS Backplane Supports 24 x 3.5" or 2.5" SAS / SATA SSD / HDD - Support E-ATX (12" x 13") M/B - Supp -...
  16. C

How many disks per RAID Card do you have in Production?

Hello all, I am working on building a new storage server (Dell R230 Server + external chassis for disks, H330 Raid card, + Intel Raid RES3TV360 Expander Card). To start with, I will have 10, 10TB disks (seagate Enterprise drives) on a Raid 10 for a 50TB usable array! Use case is to use it as...
  17. C

Quanta LB6M LACP trunk unable to pass traffic with vlans

Did you figure out how to get other VLAN traffic to pass through? I am stuck with same issue.
  18. C

Quanta LB6M LACP trunk unable to pass traffic with vlans

Hello gr8ape -- Hopefully you can help out here... I am stuck in the same situation as you were. I am just trying to pass the VLAN traffic but none is going through - only default goes through. What are the commands to allow traffic for say vlan 100 for interface 1/10 for the firewall? Do I...
  19. C

Quanta Lb6M VLAN traffic not going through

Hello I have a Quanta LB6M which is connected to a Dell switch. I am able to get the default LAN traffic though all ports. However none of the VLAN traffic is going through. For example - for VLAN 11 on port 1, I created the VLAN and added the vlan tagging. However the VM connected via this...