Search results

1. R

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

I did install lubuntu and can’t see why it wouldn’t work as a desktop if you have a proper gpu. The integrated gpu worked for basic tasks in lubuntu. I use it as a headless server with the GUI disabled, so don’t have any more to say more that this. I think it was SSI EEB, I Initially thought it...
  2. R

I’ve taken out the motherboard, CPUs, ram etc and bought a nice regular desktop chassi. Works great and looks great. This is the chassi I bought: Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design It needs to support eATX/SSI EBB I’m running Ubuntu on mine, can’t see why it wouldn’t run freeNAS.
  3. R

If I use SFP+ to 1000Base-T converter, will I be able to use this server to connect internet or is it only to connect to ipmi? If no, will using a pcie network card solve it?
  4. R

Thanks, would appreciate if you could test if it can run a GUI. Have heard about it not being able to do it?
  5. R

I chatted with BH support about Ubuntu on this one: Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order) Is there any problem installing ubuntu/linux on it? Do I need to do something special?